Nissan s15 or skyline owners?

Search yahoo.com.tw

I’ve seen Skylines and the occasional RX7. Over the last five years, maybe 20 Skylines and one or two RX7s.

I wouldn’t limit myself to just a couple of models though if I were you. There are quite a few rare Japanese coupes around here… personally I’d love an old Toyota MRS as a second car, and I’ve seen a handful around.

Theres a genuine EVO5 for sale on yahoo, but you need to have a 2nd lancer and swap the plates.
Another EVO this time an 8 with a 7 GT-A gearbox… proper conversion done on a stock lancer, it has 4wd, all the interior, running gear and engine but with an auto box thats designed to handle it, its 500k and actually looks pretty decent in the pictures. Its road legal.

Then there was a wicked white skyline R34 estate!.
Well its a stagea with a R34 front end conversion, LHD, RB25 turbo engine, manual transmission, but its in a bit of a state and needs TLC and the stupid donor car plate swap nonsense.

If you go check out japan auctions now you will see R34 GTT and GTR’s poping up in LHD, theres a company over there doing professional conversions for the american market, so in theory you can get one but i doubt it will ever pass its test.

You could go the other way and bend around the system by getting an import car (silvia, E36 bmw or similar) then transplating a RB25/26 inside, import cars dont have engine numbers so… :whistle:

[quote=“smellybumlove”]Theres a genuine EVO5 for sale on yahoo, but you need to have a 2nd lancer and swap the plates.
Another EVO this time an 8 with a 7 GT-A gearbox… proper conversion done on a stock lancer, it has 4wd, all the interior, running gear and engine but with an auto box thats designed to handle it, its 500k and actually looks pretty decent in the pictures. Its road legal.

Then there was a wicked white skyline R34 estate!.
Well its a stagea with a R34 front end conversion, LHD, RB25 turbo engine, manual transmission, but its in a bit of a state and needs TLC and the stupid donor car plate swap nonsense.

If you go check out japan auctions now you will see R34 GTT and GTR’s poping up in LHD, theres a company over there doing professional conversions for the American market, so in theory you can get one but I doubt it will ever pass its test.

You could go the other way and bend around the system by getting an import car (silvia, E36 bmw or similar) then transplating a RB25/26 inside, import cars dont have engine numbers so… :whistle:[/quote]

Links?

There’s a car pimp shop in Taoyuan, I’ve looked in many times because it’s opposite my Giant dealer and always has pimp drift cars falling out of the doors. I don’t know much about cars but I’ve been interested to see a KTM X-bow, brand new there and a couple of RX7s among (a lot of) others. They are always hammering their cars up and down the road, about 500m from a big police station so I’m sure at least something they have must be legal.

Stagea R34
tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/b49613674

EVO 5
tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/b52863676

EVO 7/8 automatic
tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction … honda71715

The last one interests me lot, who did the conversion, which engine does it use and what tune is it in, the gearbox is a genuine GTA or just a crappy virage slushbox made to look like the GTA?.

1. s13, s14, s15 … these cars are imported from japan and converted to left hand drive. either the car comes with a donor nissan 2 door sentra (normally SER or base model) or u gotta find ur own and u swap the license plates over. when time to do your inspection then swap it back and drive the sentra to the local inspection station.

2. USDM 180sx, 240… these cars are street legal but comes with the K series motor unlike the JDM SR20DET. these USDM models are hard to find.

3. skylines r32… there are some for sale, again not street legal since it’s from japan. so same BS as comment #1 get a donor car.

either way these cars are rarely seen on the roads since it’s a cop magnet. only time i see them is on the way and leaving a drift event. even see some cherry s15 and rx7. in the country side people do drive illegal right hand side JDM cars with no license plates. they don’t care since there is rarely a cop around and cops have a hard time chasing them with there little 4 bangers in the open roads lol.

reminds me of my friend he had a illegal motorcycle. since the cops knew they couldn’t chase him down and he would run. they just followed him till he needed gas. once he pulled in the gas station they just rushed up and pulled the key out of the ignition :roflmao:

street legal 240sx

very nice s15 (pic no justice in person was wow) not street legal.

viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c … Id=3072348

[quote=“smellybumlove”]Stagea R34
tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/b49613674

EVO 5
tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/b52863676

EVO 7/8 automatic
tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction … honda71715

The last one interests me lot, who did the conversion, which engine does it use and what tune is it in, the gearbox is a genuine GTA or just a crappy virage slushbox made to look like the GTA?.[/quote]

that last one is a wierd one.

i was looking for the manual gear select on the steering wheel or shift knob area and don’t see one?

most conversions i see in taiwan don’t go to the extent of converting the rear wiper on the rear windshield. if this car is a converted model, damn he spent a lot of time and money. besides the automatic 5 speed, if it was a 5 or 6 speed manual i be fooled easily and think it’s the real thing. dunno would have to take a closer look in person.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi … _Evolution

topspeed.com/cars/mitsubishi … r3297.html

there are quite a few silvias running around here in Jhongli. They have some car club for those types of cars here in Taiwan. do a web search you might come up with something.

with the fast car thing…that is very true…I even see the dime a million STi’s chilling at stop lights, one foot on clutch other on gas. Its not a mtter ot advanced timing nor mods because when the light goes green the car trys to disappear.

If you want something fast and fun, I suggest buying something slow and making it fast. Ive seen quite a few hondas at reasonable prices that can be made quick…or if you really want to surprise people get a Neon and make it into a SRT Hybrid. Noone will see that comming.

If you want a fast car for Hottie appeal or to hustle some cash…let me caution you greatly. BAD IDEA. With the number of Gangsters and Jelious Boyfriends you nor your car will last long even if you manage to fend off people trying to steal your car. Nice cars get stolen or destroyed all around the world. Here is no different and with the ability to jsut swap a licesne plate, it becomes a little more abundant here.

If you want something fun and fast, go grab a motorcycle. easier to park, funner to ride, and will go faster. Not to mention, whats more of a pant ypeeler than 600cc with a nice pipe? Somehting that is a fraction of the cost as the cars you are looking at.

come to think of it a shop right down the street from me has a highly modded white s15

Forgive me for sounding stupid perhaps, but why does a drift car have a rear spoiler? Don’t you get more points for showing less traction?

[quote=“808state”]

I was looking for the manual gear select on the steering wheel or shift knob area and don’t see one?

most conversions i see in taiwan don’t go to the extent of converting the rear wiper on the rear windshield. if this car is a converted model, damn he spent a lot of time and money. besides the automatic 5 speed, if it was a 5 or 6 speed manual i be fooled easily and think it’s the real thing. dunno would have to take a closer look in person.

topspeed.com/cars/mitsubishi … r3297.html[/quote]

Like i said before, there was a genuine EVO automatic in japan called the GT-A, it was a bloody good car actually as it didnt have any of the silly spoilers and looked like a stock lancer!.
The car in the auction seems to be wearing the same shifter as this GT-A, so im wondering if its got the same gearbox or just the shifter on top of the crappy 4 speed slushbox.

Silvias can be imported legally, if you get one that was imported before 2009 you can swap out the crappy KA motor and put anything you want in it as there s no engine numbers.

There is also another overlooked rice drifter which i have kept close to my chest, the IS200… shit car stock but since none of them have engine numbers and they are all 100% road legal and availible for 400k-ish :wink:
2JZ bolts right in and i mean just bolts in without any headaches, 300bhp+ in a very Q car.
Same goes for the GS300.

[quote=“smellybumlove”][quote=“808state”]

I was looking for the manual gear select on the steering wheel or shift knob area and don’t see one?

topspeed.com/cars/mitsubishi … r3297.html[/quote]

Like I said before, there was a genuine EVO automatic in japan called the GT-A, it was a bloody good car actually as it didnt have any of the silly spoilers and looked like a stock lancer!.
The car in the auction seems to be wearing the same shifter as this GT-A, so im wondering if its got the same gearbox or just the shifter on top of the crappy 4 speed slushbox.

Silvias can be imported legally, if you get one that was imported before 2009 you can swap out the crappy KA motor and put anything you want in it as there s no engine numbers.

There is also another overlooked rice drifter which I have kept close to my chest, the IS200… shit car stock but since none of them have engine numbers and they are all 100% road legal and availible for 400k-ish :wink:
2JZ bolts right in and I mean just bolts in without any headaches, 300bhp+ in a very Q car.
Same goes for the GS300.[/quote]

both the links i posted says there is a such thing as a automatic for the evo. it’s just like a tiptronic where u can gear change by a press of a button or toggle the shifter. so like i said i was looking for that in the picture and did not see one, will need to see it in person to do a better inspection :wink:

u are talking about the 240sx from USA. that one is a KA motor and legal in taiwan. hard to find since not that many was imported. 5 years ago i would of swapped the motor and went sr20det. now there are more aftermarket parts for the KA motor, recently it has become more popular in USA due to the torque & price… ka-t.org/forums/index.php?si … a024a32c84

as for a real silvia from japan or australia and comes with a sr20DE or sr20DET motor. it’s a diamond dozen in taiwan, easy to find and many for sale. those cars are 100% illegal since the import method is different to avoid legal issues and $$$$$. it’s either just a track car or need a donor car and swap plates to drive on the street.

same here i have looked at the is200 for some time, i gave up on it, i got a even better one :wink: . problem with this car (and supra motor swap) is still the legal inspection method. i was told u still need to take it to a shop that knows some one (personally) at the inspection station to inspect your car. just pay a little extra that’s all. i use to see a white is200 with the supra motor for sale was roughly 900k. it’s hard to find a dirt cheap is200, 400k is about right and after the mods it ain’t cheap no more. GS300 with a bolt on turbo kit and made into a VIP style would be cool. seen a couple at the Taipei auto saloon (car show).

E36 M3 FTW!!! it’s street legal with a 6banger pumping high 200 to 300hp (stock)! nice ones 500k decent ones 400k, sometimes u find a little beat up one for 300k. don’t need a motor swap just use that money for a turbo kit and u be pumping 400hp easy on a stock motor. rebuild the motor and u got urself a 500-700hp monster :smiley:
forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh … p?t=521046

my project car will either be the E36 m3 or go the cheap route of k6 or k8 with turbo b or h series motor. dunno depends on how much funds i can scrape up. personally i prefer the m3 since in the long run it holds a better value and it will be a classic. BMW does have it’s down sides, cost of parts is much higher.

So I talked to my mechanic. Now im just plain confused. He said the engine is US spec. That was the most specific detail i could get from him. If anyone is interested just PM me and ill give you his phone number. He is in Jhongli, Taoyuan.

not trying to be a dick just gettn the facts straight since there seams to be a missconseption here.

1. there is no such thing as a USA silvia. silvia is a japan version and comes with a sr20de or sr20det motor. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Silvia

2. USA model is called 240sx and it comes with a KA24DE en.wikipedia.org/wiki/240SX

at 1st the KA24DE wasn’t popular due to lack of parts/interest. people just dumped there KA24DE for a high rev turbo (SR20DET).

now the KA24DE is becomming more popular and more parts are readily available. this motor is all about fat torque & cheaper to build. ka-t.org/

people in taiwan don’t know the potentials of that motor. i would purchase that 240sx and just build up that factory motor. it’s street legal and easy to pass inspections since the original motor is kept :wink:

you get points for speed of drift as well. thus, the drift formula includes very fat sticky tires on all corners as well as aero. to maintain a high drift speed, your trajectory still tracks a path with fairly high-centripetal-acceleration. the drift is just the car having a very high slip angle - that is, its pointed in a direction different from the trajectory.

also because of this, drift cars are also very balanced, despite what might seem intuitive. they are modified to allow higher steering angle and the alignments and differential ramps are built to enable easier drift initiation, but for the most part, they are built in the same manner as you would a track car. the driver can then use standard weight management and tire-overloading (ie: burning out the rear tires) to control the drift.

note also that optimal slip angles may be very high ie:“drifty” for cars whose traction circle are shaped so the + longitudinal radius is high compared to the lateral radius. that, is the car can accelerate very quickly relative to its turning ability. this is why rally cars and world of outlaw cars go fastest when they are driven sideways. the opposite to this is what is commonly called a “momentum car”. that is, a car that turns much better than it accelerates. interestingly, both miatas and formula one cars are technically both momentum cars.

you get points for speed of drift as well. thus, the drift formula includes very fat sticky tires on all corners as well as aero. to maintain a high drift speed, your trajectory still tracks a path with fairly high-lateral-acceleration. the drift is just the car having a very high slip angle - that is, its pointed in a direction different from the trajectory.

also, drift cars are also very balanced, despite what might seem intuitive. they are modified to allow higher steering angle and the alignments and differential ramps are built to enable easier drift initiation, but for the most part, they are built in the same manner as you would a track car.

note also that optimal high-slip angles are optimal for cars whose traction circle a distorted so the + longitudinal limit is high. that, is the car can accelerate very quickly relative to its lateral acceleration limit. this is why rally cars and world of outlaw cars go fastest when they are sideways. the opposite to this is what is commonly called a “momentum car”. that is, a car that turns much better than it accelerates. interestingly, both miatas and formula one cars are technically both momentum cars.[/quote]

Thanks for that clarification. I was always under the impression that speed didn’t matter as much as style. I know why rally cars slide around corners, but that’s mainly because the road surface permits and requires it. Tarmac is less forgiving on tyres and also allows for greater straight line speed anyway so tarmac going racing cars can go faster in a straight trajectory and can maintain that angle more easily. They generally always go slower when throwing the back end out

Drifting is somewhere in-between going fast then whilst trying to look like Colin Mcrae. Hmm…

it’s interesting you should mention that because yah, basically a drift car does best when it makes tarmac look like dirt. :slight_smile: this is why the really great drift cars had not only huge tires, but tons and tons of power. tires are destroyed so quickly on these cars that it’s kind of hilarious.

[quote=“808state”][quote=“smellybumlove”][quote=“808state”]
E36 M3 FTW!!! it’s street legal with a 6banger pumping high 200 to 300hp (stock)! nice ones 500k decent ones 400k, sometimes u find a little beat up one for 300k. don’t need a motor swap just use that money for a turbo kit and u be pumping 400hp easy on a stock motor. rebuild the motor and u got urself a 500-700hp monster :smiley:

my project car will either be the E36 m3 or go the cheap route of k6 or k8 with turbo b or h series motor. dunno depends on how much funds i can scrape up. personally i prefer the m3 since in the long run it holds a better value and it will be a classic. BMW does have it’s down sides, cost of parts is much higher.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

totally agree with your assessment on e36 being a great platform. saw some e36s here and thought it might be cool to build a to-the-walls style one here. here was the one i drove and raced in the states. it was built for scca street modified.

fwiw, mine was 2720lb or so with all the weight tricks an aluminum block twinscrew motor, aluminum doors, carbon roof, etc. it ran 315 hoosiers. podiumed nationals the last time it was out, really wish had more time to go another year to try again. it was fun… 11 second car that turned at 1.3-1.5g. i still have a spare aluminum block in at my folks garage back in the states.

i had a very good friend and former co-driver try to make a 240 go as fast as the e36s, but it just wasn’t doable. they built the shit out of that car, too.

[quote=“mabagal”][quote=“808state”][quote=“smellybumlove”][quote=“808state”]

my project car will either be the E36 m3 or go the cheap route of k6 or k8 with turbo b or h series motor. dunno depends on how much funds i can scrape up. personally i prefer the m3 since in the long run it holds a better value and it will be a classic. BMW does have it’s down sides, cost of parts is much higher.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

totally agree with your assessment on e36 being a great platform. saw some e36s here and thought it might be cool to build a to-the-walls style one here. here was the one i drove and raced in the states. it was built for scca street modified.

fwiw, mine was 2720lb or so with all the weight tricks an aluminum block twinscrew motor, aluminum doors, carbon roof, etc. it ran 315 hoosiers. podiumed nationals the last time it was out, really wish had more time to go another year to try again. it was fun… 11 second car that turned at 1.3-1.5g. i still have a spare aluminum block in at my folks garage back in the states.

I had a very good friend and former co-driver try to make a 240 go as fast as the e36s, but it just wasn’t doable. they built the shit out of that car, too.

[/quote]

man that some fat tires on that bimmier :smiley: and hoosiers… totally bonkers i tell yah.

since u got that spare block i would consider looking for a 318 (its cheap) and build it up.

did that 240 have a 4 banger or six? since s14 are illegal here there is a bunch with rb32 and rb34 motors, some NA some turbo.

like i said before that is one sick bmw u had. back then i use to enjoy watching turner motorsport race there bmw against other cars. there are some fully built older bmw in taiwan. 15yrs ago when i use to visit repair shops in taiwan, thats when i 1st heard a custom bmw NA race motor (probably a crate motor from europe). sound of that motor is wicked.

my buddy’s 240 had a sr20 with a “disco potato” setup. they were running 335s and i think around 2400lbs. here’s a pic.

converting a 318 is a lot more trouble that it may seem at first. the primary pain is in the wiring. doing this in the states even with an e36-stocked pick-n-pull nearby is enough trouble that i can’t image doing it in taiwan unless you had all the parts and harnesses/wiring to do it in a box beforehand.