No exit airport check like Carlos Ghosn's escape can happen in Taiwan?

Taiwan is probably quite rigorous. That is unless you are a rich dude with a US passport.

My impression some other passports are better for Taiwan entry (Aussie’s can use e gate/smartgate as well some EU passports without payment which USA passport holders seem need to pay)

I mean when you leave, given all the runaways to USA over the years.

Might be harder here because of the lower number of private planes coming and going and private (if any) airfields.

Even from somewhere like Taoyuan I would imagine it would be possible with lots of planning, How rigorously are the food delivery trucks checked on entering the airfield for instance? A few dollars thrown at the right person and a head turned the wrong way at the wrong time…

My two cents says Ghosn probably did give himself quite a few perks. But his downfall was trying to merge Nissan with REnault. Now that the share value has fallen some 1/3 maybe the Japanese govt will step in and buy Nissans shares owned by Renault. Nissan wants to break free is what i heard.

The upper Japanese management of Nissan wanted Ghosn out and this was their way to do it.

The super skeptical tommy says maybe the Japanese and the French govts allowed this escape to happen so both can save face as for 10000pct sure Ghosn was gonna get convicted in the Japanese courts and will face serious jail time.
Which will be a big PICKLE with the Japan/France govts.

I do think Nissan and Renault will split with the Japanese govt help. And Ghosn better not come back to Japan eVER.

Charges against him will not be pursued in Europe later on and Ghosn just better be Gone in Japan.
And then alls well with the powers that be.

Nissan may need help still, they are not doing well. It’s too bad the workers at Nissan will suffer because of this (many Nissan Staff in Taiwan and they have a factory).

1 Like

Nissan is in deep shit

Yes, not sure CEO’s was the cause though

Decisions made by CEO can make or break a company

They have to take responsibility. Comes with the massive paycheck .

Mr. Ghosn’s pay I feel was a problem for people at Nissan. Japanese tend not pay high wages to CEO by worldwide standards.

Yeah he voted himself some pretty strong salaries and bonuses .