中華電信 no longer offers FOX News. Options?

Oh no…Diva? I love that channel. Especially the Hallmark movies :sleepy:

Just find any insipid human being, slap a bow tie on them, and get them to agree to get waterboarded.

3 Likes

Just watch Infowars instead. No libtard snowflakes on there. Didn’t you know that FOX hates Trump?

7 Likes

Go to a bar, find the most conservative American, and ask him what he thinks. You’ll get the same quality of reporting.

8 Likes

My channels are gone! I think I’ll go check in with them and see about cancelling. It’s about time that I move from MOD to streaming services.

No self-respecting, literate English-speaker should be watching FOX news voluntarily. Just sayin’.

3 Likes

Come on, Tucker Carlson is comedy gold. It also gives you insight to where some people get their narratives about caravans full of ISIS supporters who are funded by the Democratic party with Soros’ money :rofl:

This could also be said about any other major news network.

2 Likes

Just watch Comedy Network.

2 Likes

They’ll be back! It’s all about the channel agents that want their money.

Maybe this is Tsai sending a quick last message fight to get people off their ass and look outside before we vote in the end of taiwan and set the stage for ww3. TV is bad for you. Tried opiates?

Nevermind, thats a bit paranoid.

Brought to you by Fox and Friends.

Not necessarily- two years ago they got rid of the channel that showed NHL/NFL/NCAA football , as well as the channel that showed rugby.
OTOH channel 212 shows some college football- last week they played the BYU-Utah game, as well as other games from four months ago which have been shown five or six times already.

So, let me see if I good is correctly:
FOX News, as well as other channels, was removed from 中華電信 without previous notice and without any reduction in the price of the service. So they are pretty much charging more for less, is that right?
Can they even do that?

1 Like

I stopped in at 中華電信 today to find out when I can cancel due to the programming changes. My contract isn’t up until May and they reminded me my contract says they are within their rights to do this.
I use their fiber optic service for internet. I wonder if I have other options.
Using Apple TV with a US account and smart dns, I’m able to watch Fox news. I think I have to set up VPN on my router to get access to everything.

2 Likes

Is it really written there?

I believe so. I think they shouldn’t enforce it.

Question: Who pays who?

Does the provider pay the media company for their entertainment?

Or

Does the entertainment outlet pay the provider to display their product on the providers platform?

Or is there a merging of these 2?

I sure hope so. Thanks for giving us hope. After working 12+ hours, I just simply want to fall asleep to some drivel and give the old 腦袋 a rest.

Can’t say I always respect myself as much as I could. But, as an advocate of media literacy, I don’t like the self-censorship the mainstream media imposes on itself. Balance, these days, seems only achievable by a dose of both extremes.

That’s what FOX news readers tell themslves.

3 Likes