No more English Premier League in Taiwan

Wow TV will take a hit. Guess it is snooker and MLB as usual with a bit of SBL on Taiwan cable TV sports channels.

I was wondering weather I should get the digital cable channels aswell as what I got on Satellite since they seemed to have improved but I don’t think I will bother now.
I just got off the phone with FOXSports Asia (02 8752 8949) the one that broadcasts in Taiwan and controls ESPNstar sports. I wanted to know about English Premier League and they told me that there will be no English Premier league for at least the next 3 years as the rights have been sold to a new company not broadcasting here… :aiyo:

Bit of a pity that the local broadcasters can’t seem to finance EPL as I thought there has been much more interest on these here shores.
Will have to watch it from the dish.

Fridge

[quote=“fridge”]Wow TV will take a hit. Guess it is snooker and MLB as usual with a bit of SBL on Taiwan cable TV sports channels.

I was wondering weather I should get the digital cable channels aswell as what I got on Satellite since they seemed to have improved but I don’t think I will bother now.
I just got off the phone with FOXSports Asia (02 8752 8949) the one that broadcasts in Taiwan and controls ESPNstar sports. I wanted to know about English Premier League and they told me that there will be no English Premier league for at least the next 3 years as the rights have been sold to a new company not broadcasting here… :aiyo:

Bit of a pity that the local broadcasters can’t seem to finance EPL as I thought there has been much more interest on these here shores.
Will have to watch it from the dish.

Fridge[/quote]

Does anyone care anymore? Everything is available on the internet anyway.

Well it is on the internet, but finding good reliable streams can be a bit of a ballache sometimes so this is pretty annoying. I’ve just had a little look into this and found a couple of interesting links, from here:

premierleague.com/en-gb/news … hines.html
It would seem that a company called MP & Silva have won the rights to the football, and here:

mpsilva.com/bein-sport-to-la … nd-taiwan/
There should be some channels called beIN sports launching this month sometime which will broadcast the football, one devoted completely to the Premier league. I have MOD and I can’t see any sign of these channels, can anyone with better Chinese find anything about specific launch dates or anything?

Thanks for this information Wai, best I have found so far and the best comment that sums up the search (ball ache).

Things are looking both positive and dire, check out this Taipei Times article:

taipeitimes.com/News/sport/a … 2003569727

The company wants to make 3 channels available in HD this month (August), but has to be approved which could take a LONG time.

I will keep looking. Wish this company would make it available for live streaming. I would pay for that. That’s how I watch my NHL hockey with amazing HD quality. Let’s hope soon…West Ham United plays its first game on Saturday!

An update, a guy on this forum called the MP Silva (I think) marketing office in Singapore and was told that the aim was to have the channels available by the weekend.

taiwanho.com/talk/viewtopic.php?p=56407

Looks like it might be available through something called DishHD:

dishhdasia.com/en/

I have been watching (my team) since 2004 online.
I gave up on TV here then.
If I don’t get a stream (rare), I just download it. Evening games I download the next day anyway.

I just sent the following email to the premier league. If enough people do the same maybe they take notice and do something about it (unlikely but worth a try)…

"To whom it may concern,

I am a British citizen currently residing in Taiwan. Over the last 6 year I have enjoyed being able to watch a decent selection of games broadcast by ESPN and Star Sports in Taiwan, on both HD and cable services.

I’m sure you can imagine my disappointment when I found out that I will no longer be able to watch any premier league matches in Taiwan. The reason for this is that the premier league has sold the next 3 years of TV rights for Taiwan and the Philippines to a network called, “beIN”. I’m sure the premier league is aware that ‘beIN’ sports network does not broadcast in Taiwan via any medium whatsoever. Further to that, the local Taiwanese TV providers have no intention of broadcasting this network in Taiwan as they already have deals with ESPN, StarSports, ASN and Fox Sports.

taipeitimes.com/News/sport/a … 2003569727

Could you please explain to me why this has happened? Shouldn’t the premier league ensure that when selling exclusive rights to a network for a whole country, that network should actually be able to broadcast to fans such as myself?

I fear this issue will not be resolved anytime soon, if ever, so is there any other online service that I can subscribe to that will allow me to continue watching the premier league in Taiwan? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Dan Newton"

… Here is the link to where you can contact them. Just select ‘Broadcasting’ from the drop-down menu.

premierleague.com/content/pr … ct-us.html

Good work, I just copied and pasted your email after changing a few details. I can’t imagine it will do much vs a contract worth millions of pounds, but I feel ever so slightly better.

I remember when the Aussie Rugby League games were played on TV here. It changed to only Melbourne Storm games with commentary in English and then the commentary was only in Chinese. Then pretty soon it disappeared altogether.

Do you know if this is just for normal cable or if it’s also for the MOD service?
Thanks.

Balls :frowning:

I tried coolsport.tv this weekend for the EPL games. Mediocre Video Quality, Good Audio Quality.

I watched Chelsea v Hull last night on Sportsbun.com no annoying pop ups, no redirections, nothing to download, picture quality was ok, audio was good and no lagging.

Cheers for that I’ll check it out tonight

Cheers for that I’ll check it out tonight[/quote]

That site just links to lshunter with a seriaaaassss amount of popups :slight_smile:

I still managed to watch Hull v Norwich admittedly there were a few more pop ups than last week, i think i was just lucky the first time mate, i tried a few different links and got an Arabic one with English commentary in the end, theres another one cricfree tv you could try that.

Firstrow is doing the biz for me but again bigtime popups

MOD channel 175 - What a delightful surprise!

Just to add to that, I don’t know about the earlier games, but I’m watching Everton - Chelsea live right now.

yep they showed the Arsenal game too !

Boom!!