No more English Premier League in Taiwan

I just got MOD and they have a section called European Cup (for $69). When I preview it though it’s baseball. Does anybody know if they actually show European cup games? Also, can you watch them later? The live games are too late for me and my football crazy son.
Thanks

They do show European cup games, but only live I believe.

No they dont. Don’t pay that sh*t. ITs tennis, bseball and rugby for the most part. I cancelled within a month of missing out of Europa / UCL action.

Premier League games are now shown live and in HD on MOD’s “Boshi” channel 175 and (sometimes 173). I don’t like it because they previously showed Bundesliga games at the same time. Not any more, at least on Sunday. :fume: You can get the channels in one of their packages or suscbribe individually.

I sprang for the NT$69, but it looks like the only games available are the supercup and a couple of old European cup ties. But I found this morning that channel 170 showed some of the cup games live last night, and some are rebroadcast during the day. It looked like there was also at least 1 German league game rebroadcast in the evening.

Yep, Champions League is live on 170 at 2:30 am and after that they have a replay of another match and during the day replays of those two matches. But beware, if you like English clubs, don’t watch them play Bayern…

Last week there were games on the schedule on 175 but they showed Bundesliga instead. This week there’s games on the schedule but they’ve got golf on instead. Anyone have a clue what’s going on?

Edit: Ah the Everton City game came on after all. Just 15 minutes late for some reason.

Hey guys you can actually watch Premier League via http://www.premierleaguepass.com. It just costs USD$49 for the whole season! :notworthy:

[quote=“Gfran”]Do you know if this is just for normal cable or if it’s also for the MOD service?
Thanks.[/quote]

You can now watch it via http://www.premierleaguepass.com. Just $49 for the whole season :notworthy:

Premier League gone up to US$99. Bastards.

But still an OK deal. $49 was cheap.

Use the code: PLPTAIWAN to get 25% off, more than last year but still a lot less then I would have been willing to pay.

I’m not that surprised the subscription fee went up a bit. Still worth it when you consider a sat night out in On tap would probably cost about the same amount by the end of the night. More of an incentive to watch footie at home some weekends and save a bit of dough.

Hey guys,

Am doing a side research of my own !

How much are you guys willing to pay to watch HD quality of live football, eg French Ligue 1, Serie A, La Liga, MLS, UEFA Champions League and Europa League ?

Is there a large number of expats who are working in Taiwan, wants to watch live football on a cable channel ?

anyone ??

I am not in Taiwan now, but if there was no other option, I would pay for it, no doubts.

Sounds like a niche business opportunity for my company though
I gotta convince my bosses though

But you know Premier Leage Pass is 99 dollars a season

But imagine paying 120 NTD for sports package to see good quality football leagues !

But imagine paying 120 NTD for sports package to see good quality football leagues ![/quote]

A season? A month?

Premier League Pass seems to be no more.

Does anyone know what, if anything, has replaced it?

First games just a couple of days away!