No more Waugh

May he never fade away.

Oops, wrong Waugh.

“Punctuality is the virtue of the bored.”

“Manners are a need of the plain. The pretty can get away with anything.”

“All fates are worse than death.”

– Evelyn Waugh

And now it’s Ricky’s turn. May he be as successful as Border, Taylor and Waugh. I have no doubt.

I’d like to think that it marks the end of the era of Aussie dominance and that England might now have a chance of engaging in an even contest with the old foe. But no, I’m sure it won’t make much difference – they seem to have an endless supply of brilliant cricketers always ready to step into the test team and thrash the hide off any opposition (except, recently, India). And that’s not even to mention the dire state of English cricket and the terrible dearth of world-class talent that’s afflicted us ever since the glorious days of Botham, Gower, Gooch, Willis et al.

i dont think this wil halt the aussie onslaught. The indians had them on the ropes, but as for the rest of us… Just the odd test here and there. They said it would be tough to replace Border, then Taylor comes in and they improve. Now waugh is out of the picture you can expect some great performances from whomever takes his shoes. Is it Ponting? And warney will be back soon…