No Nexus 10 in Taiwan?

I have tried to look this up on Google, but I can’t find any information specific to Taiwan. I really want a Nexus 10, but I hear it’s not, and won’t be available here in TW. Is this true and to what extent?

Hi
Does anyone know when the Nexus 7 2013 arrives in Taiwan?
I’m trying to decide between it and Note 8.0-will probably go with that for now for its functionality.

Major tech companies understand that releasing their products in Taiwan could anger manufacturing partners here. That’s why Google never releaesed the Nexus 4 here and why Microsoft has kept the Surface off of Taiwanese shelves. I was surprised when the first generation Nexus 7 appeared over here, but as i recall it came a few months after the US release, so you may have to wait a bit if it’s even coming at all.

Don’t know about Nexus 10, but Tyrell Corp’s Nexus 6 replicants malfunctioned big time. One even killed the company’s founder and CEO.

[quote=“Kea”]Hi
Does anyone know when the Nexus 7 2013 arrives in Taiwan?
I’m trying to decide between it and Note 8.0-will probably go with that for now for its functionality.[/quote]

The Note 8.0 is the best thing I’ve bought recently. I prefer it even to my wife’s iPad. The only thing I pine for is being able to root it so that I can have more apps on split screen. As it sits, too few apps have split screen capability. I don’t know why people complain about the screen resolution. It’s fine to me, and the hardware is super powerful. I get no slowdown ever with properly optimized apps. A few piss poor iPad ports suck on any Android device, so I don’t even consider them. The only issue that really bothers my is Samsung’s insistence on plastic. It feels cheap and scratches super-easily. I hear that some of their next generation devices are using carbon fiber, although only the Galaxy S5 is confirmed for sure. It’s a bit on the pricey side, so I bought mine from Momoshop on 12 month credit. I get a lot done with it and it increased my productivity a fair bit.

thanks for the reply. A couple of follow up questions, please.
How is it when playing video connected to a TV-say 42 inch screen?
Do you have a plastic cover for the screen?
Did you buy the stylus with an eraser on the end?
Do you have a recommendation for case to put it in?

Seems a good one to buy.

Personally, I wish I could have a windows tablet ultrabook phone all in one. Then I can work much more easily. Sigh. Since I can’t, I’m looking at the Note 8.0

The surface pro is apparently launching in TW. I’d get one if I hadn’t already bought a Sony in January.

I read a rumor that ASUS will be making the next Nexus 10. I don’t know if it will have a new name or what the availability will be like in Taiwan, but it’s supposed to come out before the holidays.