No paid time off for 8 years, says English teacher - Lawsuit begins (American Eagle 戈果美語)

First time I’ve heard this. It sounds like the school is doing exactly what every other school is doing. And how could it be “unclear” for 8 years?

If this works, anyone want to start a class action lawsuit? Do they have that here?

Also, when and why did China Post become bilingual?

3 Likes

“bringing his friendly work environment to questions.” not sure it ever really mastered the first language…

0 Likes

I hope he wins his case. Good luck to him and yes he’s right that work full time with part time contracts used to be widespread but I did not know they still did that. He probably got paid by the hour but was expected to do lots of unpaid work too…Things wont change unless people like him take action.

0 Likes

What about the nortoroius contracts they used to make English teachers re-sign every year without paying for summer holidays . Guessing that is still widespread.

1 Like

Why didn’t he find a new job…

0 Likes

Not the point.

By changing the enforcement of the law conditions could be improved for everyone.

Plus he is looking for back pay .

2 Likes

Indeed. It’s a bit negative for people to always seek another job. At some point all the jobs will be bad.

1 Like

American Eagle… is that school only in Hsinchu? Or do they have other branches in other places?

I worked for a year in a doomed kindergarten not far from an American Eagle. Every time I’d visit local bars I’d hear about how evil that school was. Of course you hear those kind of stories about every school, but I remember American Eagle being particularly hated.

0 Likes

Look , you have had two goes at spelling notorious now, it’s going to get @BiggusDickus in a lather :sweat_smile:

0 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

A Canadian teacher complaining about an American eagle? Color me shocked!!!

0 Likes

It’s a chain.

0 Likes