No sex please...we're daddy's little girls

Mine are far from pure.

I couldn’t imagine inviting anyone to one of these things. How awkward would it be? What if you walked into someone’s house and found the certificate framed on the wall? Then how to do you feel sitting there at dinner.

I imagine this will lead to a new television series where people will divorce their virginity. “Virginity Divorce Court” with Judge Judy.

Matt

I had a bad case of purity balls until around 18 or so.

So let’s assume you make a gift pack for the girls for this, what do you put in it?

I am going to wait to see where the discussion goes before I offer up the suggestions I came up with.

Matt

[quote=“Josefus”]Yes to anal, no to vaginal?
Are you kidding me!? :astonished:[/quote]

Relatively common among those trying to “save themselves” until marriage.

and among male homosexuals…

… Who aren’t famous for going to purity balls anyways…

Perhaps there is a business for the enterprising entrepreneur to develop some comfortable yet effective chastity belts.

A rapex and some glue might help.

that should be in classic posts! damn great!!

but seriously folks: evangelicals have lost their freaking minds!

If I weren’t married, I guess I’d put in my phone number. :wink:

[quote=“Vay”]No sex please, we’re daddy’s little girls

[quote]WASHINGTON (AFP) - It has [color=red]all the ingredients of a wedding[/color]. The proud tuxedo-clad father, the frosted white cake, the limousines and [color=red]an exchange of vows[/color].

But there is no groom and the girl in the long gown is no bride. She’s d[color=red]addy’s little girl[/color], there to [color=red]take a vow of chastity[/color].

In what is becoming a trend among conservative Christians in the United States, [color=red]girls as young as nine are pledging to their fathers to remain virgins until they wed[/color], in elaborate ceremonies dubbed “Purity Balls.”

The gala affairs are [color=red]intended to celebrate the father-daughter relationship[/color].

The [color=red]highlight is when the fathers and daughters exchange vows[/color], with dad signing a covenant to protect his daughter’s chastity by living an unblemished life and the daughter promising not to have sex until marriage.

Many fathers at the ceremonies also [color=red]slip “purity rings” around the finger of their misty-eyed daughters or offer them “chastity bracelets”[/color] and other jewelry that the girls can entrust to their husbands on their wedding night.[/quote]

Man, I don’t want to sound cynical, but this just…I don’t know…it just weirds me out. Not quite as much as that couple who had sex in front of their children to “educate” them, but it’s still a little bizarre. I wonder how they’ll explain it to little Susy when she asks why her brother Bobby doesn’t have to go to a “purity ball”…[/quote]

Yeah, I agree. There also seems to be an undertone of incest to me (see highlighted text).
Whatever happened to educating your kids and then trusting them to follow the example [color=red]you[/color] set. There comes a time when you just have to trust your kids to do the right thing (which doesn’t necessarily entail never sleeping with anyone before they get married, although there’s certainly nothing wrong with that either). But virtual wedding ceremonies promising their chastity to their daddies until they get married. Sounds a little looney to me… :loco:

Different strokes for different folks, I guess…

So…Who’s your Daddy? :smiling_imp:

[/quote]

Ok, but that’s the last time! :smiley:

Honestly satellite TV, i don’t want to do you. And that’s a promise.

I was thinking about the incest angle too. “Married to daddy”, I call this tasteless and weird.

i thought modern fathers actually wanted to keep their kids out of trouble, and in our day and age in means that you have to learn your daughter to take care of herself and her sexual health when banging the football team.

If I weren’t married, I guess I’d put in my phone number. :wink:[/quote]

I was also thinking like a survival kit. Like… “Here, you’ll need these things:”

–Dildo
–Blow up doll
–Jumper cables (hey…you never know how desperate and expirimental she’s going to get if she keeps this promise for too long).

I can just see it now. Father walks in on her 22 year old daughter with a dildo inside her as she’s making out with a blowup doll behind the wheel of the car that her nipples are hooked up to the battery.
“What are you doing?”
“Protecting my purity, daddykins!”

Matt

Bloody hell! What kind of covenant can this be? “I do hereby solemnly swear not to pork my kid.” I mean, what other kind of life-blemishes could he commit that would endanger her chasity?
Oh, right – “I also do hereby solemnly swear that I won’t let Uncle Billybob no nor Uncle Leroy neither get their grubby paws on her.”

Whoa! Fathers manipulating their 9-year-old daughters into taking chastity vows? Sounds like a surefire way to gaurantee post-puberty rebellion. What the ?!?!

Purity vows seem to be very popular these days … with most of the women I know, anyway. :s

I don’t think it’s a incest tone to it, but I can see where it drawn. The tone I get from it is how the man is still in charge of determining a woman’s right to express her sexuality. Yes, the woman in this case is 9, but that’s the message that’s being sent. Your sexuality is some how tied to an authority figure and you can not be trusted to learn how to be responsible for it.

Yes, people the pussy is a powerful and dangerous thing.

:noway: :unamused:

While I don’t find myself agreeing with Erhu on the vast majority of topics, this one I do.

As far as fathers trying to protect their daughters from bad choices, well this one just seems more for show. As hard as it may be to communicate across a generational gap, you still have to do it. Taking your little girl to a purity ball instead of the park, zoo, etc just seems to be dodging the issue that sex at too young an age is harmful and that you may not be thinking of the ramifications of your actions. Communication and instilling self-confidence into your child just seems like the way to go.

Cheers,
Okami