No topics or posts met your search criteria

Weird, for some time now, I cannot use the “go back page” button again, without getting the above message. Just now I was looking at the “NEW” posts and wanted to go to page 2 of it, but I get the same message “No topics or posts met your search criteria”.
Is there something wrong with Forumosa, with my computer?

[quote=“miso”]Weird, for some time now, I cannot use the “go back page” button again, without getting the above message. Just now I was looking at the “NEW” posts and wanted to go to page 2 of it, but I get the same message “No topics or posts met your search criteria”.
Is there something wrong with Forumosa, with my computer?[/quote]You have to be very quick. Press the “new” button then immediately go down to the page numbers and click on the one you want. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries to get it. It’s a real hassle. Other people are experiencing the same thing:
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=61113

This is now such a problem for me that I don’t really feel like posting any more. I can get the first page of new posts fine, but when I click on page two or three onwards I get this “No topics or posts met your search criteria” and I figure well what’s the point? This used to be quite rare, and now it happens all the time. Oh well. I can’t see it ever being fixed. What’s the point of offering access to 459 posts since you last logged in if you can only access the first page?

Just got it again trying to access past posts via the 24 link. OK I give up. Can’t believe after what eight years something as simple as this is going to spoil Oriented/Segue/Forumosa for me… Jesus.

I’ve looked over the phpBB forums and there isn’t much relief in sight for this problem. If you find anything, please post here or email me at admin@

Until a real solution is found, here is what we can do:

Would it help to lengthen the number of posts when you click the results page? This seems like an easy adjustment to make

I could also add the pagination links to the top so that when the results appear, you can click (or tab-click in FF) the succeeding pages more quickly and easily

Another thing we can create is a running 100 latest post page and create a link some place

What do you think?

After clicking new, just click immediately on the next couple of page’s links, holding down whatever button (ctrl, shift etc.) causes a link to open in a new page. No?

That’s what I thought. On the phpBB forums, some believe it is related to the Cookie settings of your browser (or lack thereof). I haven’t found a clear answer on this

I used to think that as new posts are made to the forums, the additional page links become “invalid searches”, but I am not so sure about this anymore

Taking a guess here, I assume it is something to do with sessions & global variables, maybe even something to do with a changing IP from your ISP as it routes data to/from you differently while making different requests to load balance.

As the session is dropped/changed the forum assumes you are revisiting so there is no history in NEW and or your search is now invalid because you have a different session.

A simple fix you could try would be not to use the session as a global variable but rather tag it into the URL as a variable, its ugly, but would lessen the chance of it getting lost.

Another would be to tag the session into the cookie, don’t get too many complaints these days of users being automatically logged out (though if it were there, you would never start a new session, meaning new would contain everything ever posted since you last logged on, negating it’s purpose).

-yawn :frowning:

Sessions are already URL based :frowning:

I recommend reading up about this further with the friendly people at phpBB.com who are actively wrestling with this problem. With my time constraints, I’m not able to participate as much as others. Please do let me know if you find a solution there. I’ll do the same

Don’t know if this is related at all, but I’ve noticed that the little yellow wiggly thing indicating which posts are new don’t always seem to synch with reality. I haven’t really kept track of it but sometimes I find myself looking at threads and thinking “No, I’ve read this one.”

I don’t use the ‘new’ button. I just scan forums visually, usually opening each one in a new tab of Firefox.

Sessions are already URL based :frowning:
[/quote]

Ohh :frowning:

will see if I can find any other gems of wisdom :s