No water in taoyuan for the next two days

they’re shutting off our water again for two days tonight. i have no idea why - didn’t bother to listen to the lies for the hundredth time.

just a heads up …

two words

deo

derant

[quote=“jdsmith”]two words

deo

derant[/quote]

I wonder if anywhere in the world there’s a guy called Deo De Rant (I guess “Deo D’Rant” would also qualify).

Isn’t that Latin for “God of Ranting”? If so, I can think of a few people in the IP forum who might deserve this title.

By the way xtrain, at least they told you about it advance, instead of just shutting it off without notice (we had three days of that in Tainan a couple of years ago).

[quote=“irishstu”][quote=“jdsmith”]two words

deo

derant[/quote]

I wonder if anywhere in the world there’s a guy called Deo De Rant (I guess “Deo D’Rant” would also qualify).[/quote]

Not as common a name as Hugh G. Rection

I hear it was too clean out or upgrade the pipes, but I’m sure it’s something much silly than that.
I love the fact that they shut it off on the weekend, when everyone uses the most water.
However, craft devil that I am, I have bought a HUGE water container. It takes up half my dining room, but at least i wont have that not-so fresh feeling! :rainbow:

Those rectangular tubs with handles, lids and wheels (e.g., at Costco) work really well for such emergencies, and can double as storage units. :stuck_out_tongue:

They shut it off a the weekend because a lot of factories are closed. You lot are only “the public” – you’re not important.

[quote=“jdsmith”]two words

deo

derant[/quote]
another 3

Neiwan

waterfall

swim

Two more words: Hoping for Hoping.

I’ll be happy to pour a bottle of water over yer head.

Where I’m at the building has a huge water resevoir on top. We’ve had water during the entire outage.

Is there any other non-3rd world country where that happens on a city-wide basis?

I’ve had the water shut off to my building, but never to an entire city.

[quote=“R. Daneel Olivaw”]Where I’m at the building has a huge water resevoir on top. We’ve had water during the entire outage.

Is there any other non-3rd world country where that happens on a city-wide basis?

I’ve had the water shut off to my building, but never to an entire city.[/quote]

you forgot to add that this is the fifth year in a row that they’ve done this at least once, and usually more than once, for extended periods of time … but the sheep around here don’t seem to take this into account when voting.

I noticed a number of candidates campaigning on a “water” platform in the last election. Perhaps they lost and are taking it out on the local citizenry now. :wanker:

City wide? Half the county you mean … :s

Look, the most important thing is not fixing the water supply, or even enforcing building or electrical regulations. Or the sewage or garbage disposal system. The most urgent thing Taiwan has to deal with right now is the Shouting Endlessly About China issue. I mean the barbarians are at the gate. There is no time to be lost. You just don’t love Taiwan enough. I mean what’s the point of politicians and government officials building a country worth being proud of if you lot won’t even get your sorry asses into the streets and start creating false ethnic divisions which will rip it apart. No. As a politician myself there is no way I will build a modern, clean, democratic state until I have an absolute commitment from the public that they will help us politicians destroy it as soon as it’s finished.

When I lived in Taoyuan about 9 years ago there was a typhoon which somehow contaminated the local reservoir. There was no water for over a week. Are they still having problems there after all this time? Sheesh! Even for dear old Taiwan that sounds pitiful.

It’s probably explained as simply as this. Each time the water gets shut off for a few days, there are trucks contracted to cart water around.