Non-Bizarre Rant of the Day

Why then?

What’s her/his name?

Or their names… :rainbow:

It’s name?

1 Like

My moneys on Amy.

Or Ariel. Lot of ariels here for some reason.

It’s ok, we won’t let your wife know :wink:

If people are going to fall out over a vaccine status, then I guess it’s the trash taking itself out.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I don’t think that’s what a free society means.

Yep.

1 Like

Yes.

So this is basically the anti-vax thread then.

Godwin’s law, 2019-COVID variant.

3 Likes

:yin_yang:

I sat at Heathrow Airport a couple of days ago listening to an obese couple on the next table.
That’s just waaaaaaaaaay creepy.

I wasn’t intending to. They just happened to be sitting at the next table in a very crowded lounge, and were having a very loud conversation about what an idiot their friend was, and how clever they, themselves, were.

What I want to know is (1) what were they doing on the table, and (2) how’s the table holding up after that incident? :thinking:

Obviously taking a break from…

1 Like

The internet is boring me today.

I think part of the reason for this now is sites trying to predict what I’m interested in based on previous browsing. Some of the things I keep seeing which bore me to tears:

• Narcissistic bloggers and tweeters, with some scoop or story to share, using the word “I” way too many times. Or experts in their particular subject domain talking down to readers like they are seven. Perhaps someone said to them “explain it to me like I’m seven” once, and they never actually reverted back from mansplaining mode?

• Man-child nerds demonstrating something they built on youtube. “Look what I made the computer do Mummy!” Doesn’t have to be specifically IT related stuff, people building furniture, all manner of projects, go to the internet to do their attention seeking now. It’s so sad!

• Basically any Taiwan content at all written by foreigners. Look at this [completely prosaic every day thing in Taiwan, for example egg pancake from a breakfast shop], so cooool!!! Check it ouuuuuut!!! Actually perhaps more accurately any Taiwan content at all drives me to distraction?

The end.

2 Likes

Yeah i’ve hit the age where the 20-year-olds are discovering shit that’s been around forever and making half-arsed youtube videos or some other kind of content on it and find this annoying.

Like TikTokkers discovering Fleetwood Mac.

1 Like

For some reason, I’ve been seeing “reaction videos” in my YouTube suggestions in which 20-year-olds are blown away by Phil Collins’ “In The Air Tonight” (which they have apparently never heard before).

3 Likes

To re-live the past you can also watch old YouTube videos of people watching shows that are even older:

If you record yourself and upload that to YouTube let me know and I will watch it.

2 Likes

The only ones I like are the ones of tribal people trying various Western foods.

2 Likes

Add Huey Lewis and the News, along with Chris de Burgh and watch them all go psycho.

1 Like