Non-extendable 60-day visa

Hi Everyone,

I got my visa today, but it’s non-extendable. Does that mean I’m going to have to leave the country every two months for the next two years?!?

No, if you quickly find a legal job and an on-the-ball school to work for within those two months you’ll be able to become legal and the school will provide you with an ARC (Alien Resident Certificate) within those two months despite the non-extendable warning.

However if you don’t find a legal job you’ll find yourself doing a visa run or runs. Visa runs are not as common as many Taiwan-based online forums would make you believe. A lot of people never do any.

Whew! Thanks. That’s a relief!