Non-Stop Bleeding

At 1.30 this afternoon, some blood appeared on my arm. I wiped it away, and more came back.

But there is no cut that I can see, and it’s now 4.20 and the little bleeder hasn’t given up. It’s only a slow flow, but the volume is building up. What’s up with that? :astonished:

Am I haemophilic? :frowning:

Or have I been chosen to bear the stigmata? :angel:

If the former, should I see a doctor, change my diet, what? If the latter, line up and I’ll start curing you all.

But why won’t it stop bleeding?

Better see a doctor about that
Best of luck
take care of it asap.

[quote=“Stray Dog”]At 1.30 this afternoon, some blood appeared on my arm. I wiped it away, and more came back.

But there is no cut that I can see, and it’s now 4.20 and the little bleeder hasn’t given up. It’s only a slow flow, but the volume is building up. What’s up with that? :astonished:

Am I haemophilic? :frowning:

Or have I been chosen to bear the stigmata? :angel:

If the former, should I see a doctor, change my diet, what? If the latter, line up and I’ll start curing you all.

But why won’t it stop bleeding?[/quote]

Doctor first.

Paranoia later.

stigmata?

Hmm, maybe I HAVE been overcomplimenting you recently…do something bad. :smiling_imp:

Blood, but no cut? Sure it’s not dripping from the ceiling or something? Have you checked your nose?

Have you received a video recently that just seems to be nothing but white noise? Have you received the phone call yet? You probably have 7 days to live.

Seriously, where have you been today? Anywhere moist and bushy? It couldn’t be a leech bite could it? They tend to bleed for quite a long time as leeches have anti-coagulant saliva. I wouldn’t be surprised if fleas and ticks don’t also have it. Sure you didn’t pick something up off a dog?

Or maybe you shaved off a mole without noticing or something. What you should do is take a kife and stick it into your thigh. Make a note of the time you do this. Then see how long it takes to stop bleeding. If it also refuses to coagulate, then I’d say you’re in trouble.

[quote=“sandman”]

Or maybe you shaved off a mole without noticing or something.
.[/quote]

Is it POSIBLE to do that without knowing??

And it’s on his ARM!! I’d remember that. Or…

He can’t be THAT drunk in the middle of the afternoon, can he?

You could apply some alum (like a styptic pencil) to stop it. I tried buying alum at the chemist street to make my own styptic pencils, since I’ve been unable to find them in Taiwan, but couldn’t find any alum either. Ended up getting styptic pencils from a personal shopping service in the US.

The ceiling was the first place I looked, of course, and, according to my colleagues, it’s not my nose.

That’s none of your business! Let’s stay on topic, please. :noway:

[quote]It couldn’t be a leech bite could it? They tend to bleed for quite a long time as leeches have anti-coagulant saliva. I wouldn’t be surprised if fleas and ticks don’t also have it. Sure you didn’t pick something up off a dog?

Or maybe you shaved off a mole without noticing or something. [/quote]

No leeches in the office. Fleas and ticks are possible, but my animals have never had fleas (thanks to their natural, healthy diet :smiley: ), and none have ticks right now, as we’ve been avoiding the tick-infested areas. I can feel ticks walking on me, anyway. … OK, let’s move on before any potential girlfriends start reading this. :blush:

Now, I have been scratching there a lot recently - I get this itchy-under-the-skin kind of thing every summer, but never had this accompany it. It just came back the other day … hmmm … but no moles. That I know of. Knew of.

Only if I’d drunk more than half a bottle of beer, which I haven’t.

I could get some alum powder from my vet - they use it when cutting dogs’ nails … but would that affect my chances of sainthood? It’s looking more and more like a stigmata.

Bless you all for the advice so far. Throw away your canes. Stand up and walk! :sunglasses: :smiley:

My… my PUBES! They’re suddenly all SOFT and UNCRUNCHY! I’m SAVED! [color=red]HALLELUJAH! All hail Saint Stray Dog! Patron saint of inoffensive pudenda! [/color]

I’d just put a band-aid on it and see what happens.

I betcha it’ll stop bleeding eventually… :wink:

I’m on my fourth band-aid as we speak, and, while it does slow it down, there’s no sign of it letting up.

When you’re chosen, you’re chosen, I guess. :idunno:

I’m now accepting followers. Apply to the e-mail address below, with the subject line ‘Oh Chosen One’.

Thank you.

But, seriously, why won’t it stop? I’m too scared to go to sleep. I can only imagine what I’d wake up to eight hours later. … If I woke up. :astonished: :frowning:

Just wondering. Does your arm suddenly stop, by any chance? You know, before where your hand used to be? If it does, I think I might know why this is happening.

That made me laugh out loud! :laughing:

Bless you, my son. I will cure you first. … Size of a donkey!

You’re welcome. :wink:

You shouldn’t be sleeping alone. Any volunteers?

That’s a hell of a pair of ears you have on yerself, Irishstu. What happened?

I’ve heard that this is a indication of worms and parasites. But that’s just hearsay from Curezone.com

That’s a hell of a pair of ears you have on yerself, Irishstu. What happened?[/quote]

He’s not referring to the size of my ears, sandman.

Seriously though, Stray Dog. Maybe you should swing by the doctors on the way home. Luckily there’s no need to make appointments here (as of course you know). You’d have to book a week in advance in the UK.

Cases like this have proven to be the right time to write your will :laughing:

If the DOH finds out they surely deport you, it’s the first sign of Ebola. :wink:

Can I have the tour concession?

I’m thinking religious devotees on the hour coming by.
maybe you could just do some “Hi - How are ya’s?” to the groups?

What say - 10% and 10% on t-shirts, mugs and trinkets in the gift shop?

Have you stopped bleeding yet?

You haven’t been taking any anti-coagulants or anti-platelet agents, have you? Or eating large amounts of the things below?

[quote]http://www.drweil.com/u/QA/QA33112/
A number of natural substances have been shown to act as blood thinners: Garlic, ginger, ginkgo, dong quai, feverfew, fish oil, vitamin E, and tree ear mushrooms (available in a dried form in Chinese grocery stores) all appear to have anticoagulant activity.[/quote]

But that is obviously not normal. Even if it has stopped, still go see a doctor ASAP to find out if something is wrong.