Non-teaching positions ARC amendments query

Am I right in thinking that if your ARC is issued by the Council of Labour (are they all now?) but for a non-teaching position that the same proceedure (apply for a new work permit , notify original employer, fufill contractural obligations re: quitting the first position, go to the foriegn Affairs police and get your ARC ammended) applies as has been outlined for teaching position queries?