Noob question, how to change flights?

I’ve just called Oasis and they do have a an interline agreement with China Airlines, so at TPE I can check in my luggage all the way to London, and at HK I just need to go to the transfer desk to check in for the second leg. No need to go through immigration.

If I don’t use China Airlines (and I don’t really want to), I have to do it the hard way and pick up my luggage at Terminal 1 and go through immigration and check in again at terminal 2.

Good to hear that it can be done! I probably wouldn’t fly Oasis at all if I had to go out and in, not just because of the inconvenience itself but also the time that’s wasted, especially since it’s a long trip anyhow.

Excellent… Do report back how you get on with them!

I’m all booked via Oasis and China Airlines for $34,000-ish, including booking the seat next to the exit; while it does cost extra, I don’t know any other airline that will guarantee you an exit seat. I’m leaving next Monday when apparently there’s a typhoon coming, which will be fun under China Airlines. I have already bequeathed all my earthly possessions to Taiwanho.

Yeah, it’s often difficult as they want to see you in person to make sure you are able-bodied and can speak English so that you can be of assistance in case of an emergency. EVA actually made me fill out a form the first time I flew with them and requested a seat at the emergency exit. I think they register this in their system.

Yes, I’ve had to do that too. What I mean is, I’ve never been able to book an exit seat before hand, you can ask request one, or you can turn up early, and I’ve usually been lucky. But Oasis is the only one I know that specifically guarantees me an exit seat, my seat number is already booked. It’s an aisle seat too, so I will only be poked by someone’s elbows on one side.

As for the tax issue, you will probably be shit out of luck.

I flew home once on 2 seperate airlines via Sydney. Sydney had a dept tax of around 3000nt IIRC, so because the return connection was via SYD I had to pay 2 lots of departure taxes even though I didn’t clear customs either way.
I quizzed the airport people about this is SYD, trying to get a refund, but they referred me to the airline, who referred me to the airport…blah blah. It all got too hard and I gave up.

Hopefully the HKG tax isn’t that significant.

NT$34k return to london?

That’s not cheap! I pay NT$32k return to Copenhagen, which is a more expensive destination. That’s for Thai, economy class.

Had no probs checking baggage all the way through to final destination before, even though i’ve bought tickets from different airlines for the separate legs. Although usually there’s only a few hours gap between the connecting flights.

This time we are flying TPE-HKG (not booked yet) and then HKG-Uk, which we’ll check-in online for.

Our Uk flight leaves HKG at midnight, and what we’d like to do is fly early morning TPE-HKG, then spend a day in Honkers (luggage free :slight_smile: ). But if there’s 14 hrs between our connecting flights, will HKG airport just automatically park our luggage for that time. Or are there issues here? :help:

hi guys got a question, before I always go by flights now I am going to try the high speed rail and MRT. I am in Kaohsiung county traveling to USA, my question is how reliable is the high speed rail? I heard few horror stories on the news about it not on time broken down etc. And once I reach Tou Yuan stop in the high speed rail is it right by the airport? if not how many min by taxi or by MRT? thanks a lot.

is the business class in the high speed rail real nice? is it a room or a section of the rail how many people in one section? and what’s this “free assigned” seats?

I am used to go by air, are there any trouble things if I travel with high speed rail this time? I will have a fairly big luggage with me but it’s got wheels so shouldn’t be too big of problem, any other things I should be aware? lastly are both MRT and high speed rail’s hours from 6am to 12am? thanks a lot