Noon, before and after

But… wait… so what’s the ultimate bit of trivia then? Or is that the noon thing?

Hey, it was a pedant’s thread to begin with :slight_smile:

How do you define the passage of something if it’s meaningless to measure it? And if measuring time is meaningless then how can it have been defined for 40 years? 40 years is a measure of the passage of time, and therefore meaningless.

your sentence should read “The passage of time, burble burble, rigidly defined…”

No, the ultimate bit of trivia is the name of the first Zulu killed in the movie of the same name. You can win the game with this one. :slight_smile:

No, the ultimate bit of trivia is the name of the first Zulu killed in the movie of the same name. You can win the game with this one. :slight_smile:[/quote]That would be Dave

Nope. Try again.

[quote=“Loretta”]Nope. Try again.[/quote]Bob ?

Fafferengia Mapacash III

Still nope.

Might have to offer a liquid inducement if this keeps up.

noon spelled backwards is noon.

Makes you think.

[quote=“Richardm”]noon spelled backwards is noon.

Makes you think.[/quote]

But the mere transposition of its last two letters turns it into a double negative.

Does that suggest a negation of time, or what?

Makes you think even more, doesn’t it.

No, the ultimate bit of trivia is the name of the first Zulu killed in the movie of the same name. You can win the game with this one. :slight_smile:[/quote]

The name of the first Zulu killed at Rorke’s Drift was Will.

We know this because in the film, Michael Caine said something pretty close to: “Men. Fire at Will!”

Presumably, they obeyed this instruction and we can therefore conclude that that “Will” was the first unfortunate Zulu to be killed in this epic battle (for which 11 Victoria Crosses were awarded - more than in any other single battle in British military history)

However, very few people know the names of the two warriors standing on either side of Will who were similarly shot.

Hah! I win.

:notworthy: to myself.

BroonAfrica

It’ll be worth a liquid inducement to meet the legendary BroonAle in the flesh. You are the winner!!

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
(And the crowd goes wild.)

If you can guess which Taipei gastro-pub I can be found in, and be there on the right day at the right time, I will treat BroonVictim to some genuine BisonPiss Vodka. You do live in Taipei, don’t you?

[quote=“Loretta”]How do you define the passage of something if it’s meaningless to measure it? And if measuring time is meaningless then how can it have been defined for 40 years? 40 years is a measure of the passage of time, and therefore meaningless.

your sentence should read “The passage of time, burble burble, rigidly defined…”[/quote]

:unamused: Sigh… having all the knowledge in the world is like farting alone, just no where near as much fun if you can’t tell anyone… defeated by my own grammar…

Time and the passage of time are two like two Kias taken successively off the same production line, ie. completely different… ahh screw it, just leave it at burble burble? :wink: