North Korea launches rocket

:laughing:

MT, I don’t know what to believe after Bush. And I sure as hell haven’t drunk the O kool aid.

i was reading the paper the other day, and you see a picture of all the countries participating in the talks except for North Korea. What is the point of the talks then? Its obvious that the N. Korean doesn’t want to cooperate and its clear that they want to make Nukes and an ICBM. So can someone from one of these retarded countries do something about it?

What matters more than getting North Korea there is getting China to participate. China is the only country with any kind of influence over North Korea, even if it is minimal. Look at the past attempts to resolve NK’s push for nuclear weapons and rockets. If China doesn’t agree then nothing will change.

I’d worry more about North Koreans stealing our dogs and eating them than being a nuclear threat.

This North Korean nonsense is the biggest ruse in the world.

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”]I’d worry more about North Koreans stealing our dogs and eating them than being a nuclear threat.

This North Korean nonsense is the biggest ruse in the world.[/quote]
So you doubt that North Korea has nuclear weapons?

Expert Says North Korea has Several Nukes

Or perhaps you trust them not to proliferate if they do?

“[the North Koreans] are the No. 1 proliferators of missiles, and also of conventional weapons. That is how they have kept their economy alive, and they are actively pursuing those interests around the world.”
– Gen. Thomas A. Schwartz, former commander of the United Nations and the US forces in South Korea,

Hey Deuce, why is it so difficult to belive N. Korea has nuclear weapons? They’ve been working on it for decades. I agree that their capabilities are probably limited at this time.

I just don’t see them as a real threat.

There is no real successor to KJI (now they claim one of the son’s is ready but he certainly wasn’t five years ago). Why not just kill him and restart the political system? Decapitation is the easiest way to solve this issue.

They cannot feed themselves.

They have little if any electricity.

They have little if any gasoline.

There are stories of army battalions frequently breaking protocol.

I think the main reason the current regime is in power is because it gives an excuse for the US to keep soldiers in Okinawa and South Korea. The real purpose of these soldiers is to keep an eye on China, but they can’t come out and say so directly.

I predict North Korea will continue to ramp up the posturing this year, giving Japan the excuse to build up their forces. Once the Japanese forces become more capable, the US can rely on Japan (also with a vested interest in limiting China’s influence) to take a bigger role in the region’s defense and the US can ‘look good’ by removing large chunks of soldiers from North East Asia. At this time the North Korea issue will magically disappear or they will begin to play ball.

Right now it is a pawn in the American, Chinese struggle for influence in the region. It is not a real threat. Too many powers (US and China) have too much to lose if North Korea all of a sudden becomes stable.

Interesting. The one member of the Axis of Evil which actually possesses significant amounts of weapons grade plutonium and the proven ability to make several kilograms more a year is no threat to world peace while the other two – with no such ability anywhere on the horizon – are/were immediate threats to America’s national security.

Go figure.

Kim Jong Il and his rocket scientists

[quote]There is also the matter of North Korea’s shorter-range missiles, which are likelier to be aimed at Japan and whose development has been much more successful than intercontinental ones. The International Crisis Group in a new report quotes intelligence sources who claim that North Korea has recently assembled and deployed miniaturised nuclear warheads for its Nodong medium-range missile, which is in theory capable of reaching Japan. If true, this is alarming news, and the only surprise is that Japan has not publicised it.[/quote]-- Economist magazine, April 8, 2009

[quote=“spook”]Interesting. The one member of the Axis of Evil which actually possesses significant amounts of weapons grade plutonium and the proven ability to make several kilograms more a year is no threat to world peace while the other two – with no such ability anywhere on the horizon – are/were immediate threats to America’s national security.

Go figure.
[/quote]

exactly why I think it is all a ruse, a piss take, a scam, deceptive, a diversion, a ladeeda, a laugh, a clever joke, or whatever you want to call it.