Norton AntiVirus

I’m using two programs now to get rid of spyware- AdAware and Spybot. Unlike anti-virus programs they’re active only when run (I guess you have the choice with anti-virus software, too). All this has been an eye-opening experience. My conclusions? It’s the spyware that really screws things up.

Norton update: someone called me back from Symantec Taiwan. It seems they’re going to try to work out this guarantee thing. I’ll believe it when it happens, but I appreciate even the effort to get back to me and solve the problem.

A person at Symantec pulled some strings, and to make a long story short, I got my money back at the store where I bought the software. I’ll call him Monday and thank him. It was an interesting experience!

That’s shocking. I’m glad it worked out for you :slight_smile:.

Just bought a nice new desktop and I want to get the security up-to-date. I have been looking around on the internet and it seems that ZoneAlarm Security Suite seems to be getting the most thumbs up from various sorces (Noton gets good reviews from magazine editors and shit reviews from users. I have Norton back home and would tend to agree with the users). I have been into loads of shops and can only find PCillin (or whatever it is called) and Norton. Does anyone know if ZoneAlarm Security Suite is available here? I know I can download it but I don’t have a credit card.

BTW I am running XP home with SP2 and the shop have fixed it up so I and she who must be obeyed can change the menu languages etc from Chinese to English and so on. which is brilliant after almost two years of guessing what the chinese menu buttons might represent.

I have also downloaded Mozilla Firefox, so appart from the Zone Alarm, any other suggestions?

thanks in advance.

Windows Utilities

From our very own miltownkid :slight_smile:

That PCillin sucks.

Don’t have any super recommendations, but Norton Antivirus has been working fine for me (and I do quiote a bit of ‘high-risk’ stuff on the computer).

Brian