Not all garbage

[quote]Sometimes I just want to take my British and Irish passports and burn them both…
[/quote]

If we could get by without them I would happily join you. It would be great if people could just respect people as individuals instead of judging them on the circumstances of their birth.

Hopefully the day will come when the UN, or it’s successor, will issue ‘world passports’ to those of us who want them. Perhaps segue should declare itself to be an independent sovereign nation?

I wonder if there are forums at overseas chinese sites devoted to the question of whether Taiwan is part of China.

Imagine the chinese takeaway in Belfast being a hotbed of revolutionary activity…

I read a complaint recently that, during the UKs last general election, certain seats were contested on the issue of Kashmir. Just goes to show that people are the same everywhere and that the first thing we can learn from history is that people don’t learn from history.

[quote=“tmwc”]I wonder if there are forums at overseas chinese sites devoted to the question of whether Taiwan is part of China.

Imagine the chinese takeaway in Belfast being a hotbed of revolutionary activity…
[/quote]

There is allegedly a Chinese take-away somewhere in Belfast (and there’s probably more than one) which is doing a roaring trade because in the particular area it’s situated, no other fast food operators will dare to open late at night. It’s said that after an evening’s stoning and fire-bombing, the locals pop in for a chicken chow mein on the way home. They’ll be alright until someone gets food poisoning…!