Not happy with modding

Not sure who is disapproving, and not sure whether this explanation is needed, but anyway: although it is not apparent, the OP of this thread is “Cola” - his initial post is now in third position in this thread, since the time stamp got changed somehow (i will make a submission to the powers that be to get it fixed, since indirectly I am responsible for the problem). :2cents:[/quote]

Yuli, please explain why Cola is the OP when I’m seeing TainanCowboy as the first poster of this thread.

Wait, perhaps I can help: mod changes.

Frankly, this ability of mod to change contents in threads on a whim (instead of removing disparaging remarks) is getting tiresome. I’m sure this message will be deleted after I hit the button.

Taiwanease, anyone?

I doubt anyone NEEDS to photoshop 666 on Obama’s head. Just google it. :thumbsup:

PBC, I don’t know whether this is the case in the current instance, but if a thread is started by someone and their post is removed for some reason (e.g. personal attacks etc.), respondents to their OP will appear to be the first posts in the thread. It’s not a big deal.

Me neither. All the eating disorders and drug abuse. It’s really not on.

I think Taiwanese is a great idea for you, PBC. I hear Dragonbones is so much more accommodating there then here. :laughing:

I thought i had done that already: the OP’s post’s time stamp got changed from a few minutes before TC’s post (say, about 8:20) to some minutes after TC’s post (8:54), which accounts for the reversed order you see now. There is nothing sinister behind this - it all started with a small technical error on my part, related to a certain interface quirk i am not yet accustomed to, and i suspect that the OP tried to fix the error in his own way before another moderator got to it.

Mods always have and had this ability, and it has no bearing on this matter - but if it concerns you much, you could always start your own BBS. :wink: :sunglasses:

I’d send this one straight to temporary.

It’s a bit laughable for anyone to think that Taiwaneasia is somehow different than forumosa… :whistle:

I’m still yet to see the necessity for that new site? :ponder:

plus la change!

Plus [color=#FF0040]ça[/color] change, non?

Plus [color=#FF0040]ça[/color] change, non?[/quote]

:blush:

[quote=“PigBloodCake”]
Frankly, this ability of mod to change contents in threads on a whim (instead of removing disparaging remarks) is getting tiresome. I’m sure this message will be deleted after I hit the button.

Taiwanease, anyone?[/quote]

No,of course not. You are on topic, not using excessive language and you are not insulting anyone. You are expressing a legitimate opinion and not trolling.

Why would anyone delete your post? :ponder:

[quote=“BigJohn”] In addition, it is not an opinion based on bizarre logic, irrational hate, or intense and recognizable psychological or psychiatric distortions.

[/quote]
But many are and are allowed to remain. The problem, in my eyes, is that a lot of these types of questionable posts are allowed to remain (especially if posted by mods), while other less harmful posts are overzealously edited or temped, posters suspended etc…things are getting better, but there is still a lot of work to be done for modding to be completely balanced/sense of fairplay evident.

For example, this is fine viewtopic.php?f=86&t=68730&p=832319&hilit=Bush+chimp#p832319

But this isn’t? viewtopic.php?f=30&t=83727&p=1072722&hilit=cowboy+suspended#p1072722

That would be an ad hominem attack.

That would be an ad hominem attack.[/quote]
Well, if he’s ASKING for it, maybe it’s just a curtious reply to an honest request? :smiley:

I’d like to apologize to the mods and he community in general for my late night rhubarb with ???. Although such spats are fun to watch, it diminishes the mission of the site. Thank you (no Sar Chasm) for the quiet time. I am glad you determined it to be coincidental minors. I would have given us the gate.

Cheers

Toe Sorry