Not happy with my kill switch. Need wiring instructions

With this extra information, I am wondering if your alarm system works backwards. What I mean is that if it always has a live feed, then does it get an earth feed when the ignition is switched off? I know more about car alarms, but in some there is always a constant power feed and then an auxillery power feed which breaks the alarm circuit through a relay when the ignition is turned on.

I figured it out! :slight_smile: It was so easy! (Or maybe I’m just lucky.)

I re-opened up the cover today and decided to test the wires on the alarm system this time. On the alarm system, there was a red wire plugged with a male/female round connector. I started the bike and I tried unplugging it to see what would happen. Go figure, the bike stopped and ten seconds later the alarm kicked in. Things like horn, starter, flashers would not work either. It was like turning the key ignition OFF. Jackpot!

To make it even easier, my kill switch was installed with the same connectors. All I had to do is unplug the kill switch from the coil,(existing male/female ends)then plug the coil wire back together(existing male/female ends). From there, the bike basically was back to how it was before I installed a kill switch which means that I had a kill switch there with two loose unplugged wires that have a male and a female end. I connected each of them to the alarm system red wire I had unplugged that also had a male and a female end, and voila! I did not have to cut any wires, did not have to install any connectors, did not have to do nothing! I unplugged three wires and plugged them somewhere else. It was stupidly easy.

The result, I now have two ignition switches. One is just a button, the other is the original key ignition. If I turn either ignitions off, the alarm system kicks in within ten seconds. Once the alarm kicks in, one needs the alarm remote control to disable it. The alarm will sound and the bike will not start if either the key ignition or the button ignition is turned on before the alarm is disabled with the remote control. And of course, because my new improved ignition switch operates just like the key ignition, flashers, horn, etc, do not work when the switch is turned off.

It’s double the security, and Look! No keys! :sunglasses: I only need to use the key if I want to lock the handlebars. Sweet! :slight_smile: