Not your typical Taiwanese girl!

This is “Iron Barbie” a local female bodybuilder and fitness competitor. She’s obviously atypical for a Taiwanese female and a good example of someone that is willing to buck the cultural trend.

What many people don’t understand is that results often come from intensity. So it’s good to see a woman that values intense exercise.

More info about her training here: taipeigym.com.tw/a604.html

Is that the same bodybuilder chick that was on TV the other day?

On one of those daily talk shows, they had a bunch of different women with special abilities. One was a butt model, a contortionist, and the last one was a bodybuilder.

My kinda girl.

Poor kid. I shudder to think of how wrinkly and flabby she’s going to look 10 or 15 years from now! Not to mention the compromised joints, osteoporosis, and all the other maladies that’ll beset her as soon as she stops training. Moderation in all things is a good mantra and here’s a glaring example of why.

Actually, studies show that progressive resistance training counters osteoporosis in women.

What, as opposed to most other people in their 40s? :laughing:

Don’t you OPPRESS me!
Anyway, so no brittle bone disease maybe, but she’ll be flabby and wrinkly, like every single one of the former bodybuilders I have ever known. Great when you’re in your 20s, 30s and maybe (rarely) even 40s. Once you start getting older than that, though, the chickens start coming home to roost. There’s always a price to pay. Always. Old bodybuilders look even more freakish than young ones, if that were possible, and its even worse for women, in my experience.

That’s quite a revelation. Sandman is a former body building Sheila. It explains the flabby bits. :laughing:

marboulette

That’s quite a revelation. Sandman is a former body building Sheila. It explains the flabby bits. :laughing:

marboulette[/quote]
Busted! In my defence, though, it has to be said that I was mesmerised by the lady’s man-tits and bulging veins in the pics, and was therefore discombobulated into a bout willy-nilly syntax.

Is she any good in bed? With all that testosterone she should be rampant, surely? Dr Sandman?

Not necessarily. This is from the same site:

They just call this guy A-gong and he’s 80. Pretty damn good for any age.

I love this pic. Completely untrained nerd vs. hard old man.

I think everyone is wrinkly at 80 so I wouldn’t let that stop you from training. But this guy above is a great example of what you still have even at 80. He looks a hell of a lot better than the 18 year old next to him!

BTW, neither the old man nor the pretty girl would really be bodybuilders by Western standards. They’re both too small and i seriously doubt they’ve done drugs. Neither of them have that freakish look drugs produce.

Mmmm… I don’t know, would someone here (straight) bed a girl with those muscles? And caressing those Popeye’s muscles and whispering “Honey I love your arms and your muscles”.

Pay no attention to me. I’m just nonplussed at the idea of training just so you can admire yourself in the mirror. Training for better times, speeds, distances, endurance, etc., sure. I can see the point of that. But training just for the sake of it, so you get big muscles, more definition, etc? Narcissism in the extreme, IMO. Like building a superfast cafe racer and then keeping it in the garage all the time.

What’s the quote: people work out so they look better naked. Seems a pretty solid reason to me.

What’s the quote: people work out so they look better naked. Seems a pretty solid reason to me.[/quote]
I suppose. I guess I just prefer getting toned as result of actually DOING something interesting – a byproduct, if you like. The idea of pissing around with machines in a room covered in mirrors and smelling of arsecrack to the point where you begin looking like a circus freak just seems strange to me. Not that the lady in the pics looks ANYTHING like a circus freak. She looks like a gymnast, except she’s not one. Her “skill” is in moving weights around for hours on end without getting bored out of her mind.
The vast majority of bodybuilders DO look like freaks, though, there’s no doubt. And the vast majority of normal people DON’T think they look better naked, either, from all I’ve read, both here and elsewhere. There’s a real aversion to overly muscly men – and women.

Cough. Splutter! :laughing:

My Vincent gets ridden nearly every day, laddie. Only problem is, not by fucking ME. :fume:

I suppose. I guess I just prefer getting toned as result of actually DOING something interesting – a byproduct, if you like. The idea of pissing around with machines in a room covered in mirrors and smelling of arsecrack to the point where you begin looking like a circus freak just seems strange to me. Not that the lady in the pics looks ANYTHING like a circus freak. She looks like a gymnast, except she’s not one. Her “skill” is in moving weights around for hours on end without getting bored out of her mind.
The vast majority of bodybuilders DO look like freaks, though, there’s no doubt. And the vast majority of normal people DON’T think they look better naked, either, from all I’ve read, both here and elsewhere. There’s a real aversion to overly muscly men – and women.[/quote]

The old man above does muscle-ups in Da-An park on the pullup bars near the playground. I used to watch him work out. His strength is very functional. He does one-legged squats too. Strong old guy.

I won’t defend Western bodybuilding because it’s bizarre in how extreme it is. And the drug use is just too much. Not healthy at all. So no argument there.

But the weightlifting the old man and this pretty lady are doing are okay IMO. All the machine use, etc. isn’t my cup of tea personally but it gets them where they want to be so more power to them.

And I agree quite a bit with Mucha Man: nothing wrong with wanting to look good. I wish more people were worried enough about their appearance to work out, especially my family back home. Maybe then they’d get the fat off their abdomen and cut their risk of diabetes down to nothing.

[quote=“Mucha Man”]

What’s the quote: people work out so they look better naked. Seems a pretty solid reason to me.[/quote]

hear hear! :sunglasses:

Maybe she is a gymnast, judging by her excellent flexibility. I wish I could do splits like that. Then I could fell muggers and hijackers with a snappy roundhouse kick to the head.