Notes from the move

“Sentbox”, or “inbox”? Let’s arrange a time to talk when I can be logged on, so that I can look at the database and try to figure out what happened.

“Sentbox”, or “inbox”? Let’s arrange a time to talk when I can be logged on, so that I can look at the database and try to figure out what happened.[/quote]

It’s the Sentbox. My Inbox has all the emails from before the move.

{EDIT:} I just checked again after posting this and my Sentbox has all the emails in there before the move. It does not however have the one email I sent last night, post move.

Thanks for all the hard work, especially MaPoSquid, Feiren, and Gus.

It is nice to have Foruomos up and running again.

Let me know when you’re logged in and I’ll help you check MaPoSquid.

“Sentbox”, or “inbox”? Let’s arrange a time to talk when I can be logged on, so that I can look at the database and try to figure out what happened.[/quote]

{EDIT:} I just checked again after posting this and my Sentbox has all the emails in there before the move. It does not however have the one email I sent last night, post move.[/quote]

FYI. Some more test results. I posted some more PMs and none of them showed up in my “Sentbox”. All the emails from pre-move are there. None are saved in “Sentbox” since post-move.

Have gotten no other errors messages nor unexpected performance issues that I can tell.

[quote=“lsieh”]{EDIT:} I just checked again after posting this and my Sentbox has all the emails in there before the move. It does not however have the one email I sent last night, post move.

FYI. Some more test results. I posted some more PMs and none of them showed up in my “Sentbox”. All the emails from pre-move are there. None are saved in “Sentbox” since post-move.

Have gotten no other errors messages nor unexpected performance issues that I can tell.[/quote]I believe there is a problem with reading pm’s right now. Seeing as your pm’s cannot be read, they cannot be moved from the outbox to the sentbox. (When you send a PM, it goes to your outbox, not your sentbox. When it is read it moves from your outbox to your sentbox). The pm’s you sent ages ago have been read, and are therefore in your sentbox, you ones you just sent have not been read, and are therefore not in your sentbox.

PS. is 66.139.73.203/ working correctly ? IE. the home page.

{EDIT:} I just checked again after posting this and my Sentbox has all the emails in there before the move. It does not however have the one email I sent last night, post move.[/quote]

Have gotten no other errors messages nor unexpected performance issues that I can tell.[/quote]
Are they showing up in “Outbox”? Keep in mind that when you send a message, they show up in the other person’s inbox and in your outbox, until the other person actually reads the message, at which point the message shows up in their inbox and your sentbox.

The outbox is what you’ve sent which hasn’t been read yet.
The sentbox is what you’ve sent which has been read (or at least opened).

edit: great minds think alike. Also, BFM types too fast. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”][quote=“lsieh”]{EDIT:} I just checked again after posting this and my Sentbox has all the emails in there before the move. It does not however have the one email I sent last night, post move.

Have gotten no other errors messages nor unexpected performance issues that I can tell.[/quote]I believe there is a problem with reading pm’s right now.[/quote]
This should have been working since about 1am. PLMK if it still isn’t for anyone.

Erm, uh, thingie. :blush:

{EDIT:} Ok, I just checked after posting this and those 3 have appeared in the Outbox.

Really, I’m not :loco: :blush:

Yup, I think it is working. When I go there now, I get an error. I believe this means that the domain no longer goes to DreamHost, but hasn’t caught on yet that we are at ServerBeach.

let’s give it another day or so

Well done and thank you all. :beer: :bravo: :notworthy:

No idea what any of the technical sounding stuff means but may well use it for blagging purposes in the future. :smiley:

One prob (which may have been brought up in wording that I failed to grasp :blush: ) the links at the bottom to other parts of the site don’t work. Is that anything to do with the 66.139… thingumejig?

[quote=“butcher boy”]One prob (which may have been brought up in wording that I failed to grasp :oops: ) the links at the bottom to other parts of the site don’t work. Is that anything to do with the 66.139… thingumejig?[/quote][quote=“joesax”]Should be OK when the forumosa.com domain name is properly up again. In the meantime if there’s a link you need to follow, you can manually paste in “66.139.73.203” in place of the “forumosa.com”, leaving the rest of the link in place. For example,
change forumosa.com/taiwan/rules.php to
66.139.73.203/taiwan/rules.php[/quote]

[quote]The “invalid session” errors probably aren’t triggered by this move. I get them all the time at work, and they have something to do with the firewall that the company uses. If you are behind a firewall, it may not like the new server. If you have further information or can see a pattern, let me know, as I would like to come up with a fix for work for myself, too.
[/quote]

Hmmm. I haven’t had those blasted 'invalid sessions for ages, so I assumed it was due to the move. But I just realised that last not I was using Firefox for the first time on Forumosa. Maybe it was that. I’m using IE again today. I’ll see if there are any problems.

Brian

Good job squidburger. Seems to be running nicely.

I use IE at work and Firefox in my notebook outside of work. Haven’t seen an invalid login error using either browser in… months? Maybe 1 or 2 in the past year. This leads me to think that the problems you are encountering are closer to your end of connection than to the website end.

When I connect outside of the office (using Firefox), I’m usually at coffee shops (and the occasional pizza joints) in Taipei that offer free access to their WiFi networks - at least 2 of these use Hinet.

Hope this helps,
g.

[quote=“joesax”][quote=“butcher boy”]One prob (which may have been brought up in wording that I failed to grasp :blush: ) the links at the bottom to other parts of the site don’t work. Is that anything to do with the 66.139… thingumejig?[/quote][quote=“joesax”]Should be OK when the forumosa.com domain name is properly up again. In the meantime if there’s a link you need to follow, you can manually paste in “66.139.73.203” in place of the “forumosa.com”, leaving the rest of the link in place. For example,
change forumosa.com/taiwan/rules.php to
66.139.73.203/taiwan/rules.php[/quote][/quote]

BB hen :blush:
Thanks joesax. funny thing is I had to cut and paste the 66.139… to get to look at your answer.

Yup, I think it is working. When I go there now, I get an error. I believe this means that the domain no longer goes to DreamHost, but hasn’t caught on yet that we are at ServerBeach.

let’s give it another day or so[/quote]
As usual, I missed a step that I wouldn’t have had I simply read the ENTIRE e-mail that explained everything. I’ve just made a change to our ServerBeach set up: now forumosa.com should be recognized on the network here.

It looks like the DNS service from the registrar is already taking effect, so assuming there aren’t any other steps I’ve overlooked, our domain name should be recognized here shortly (probably around the time my avatar pops back into existence).

[quote]Problem Report
The system detected an Unresolved Host Name while attempting to resolve the host specified in the requested URL.

Message ID
UNRESOLVED_HOSTNAME

Problem Description
DNS resolution failure encountered.

Possible Problem Cause
The host entered has a mistake, or the requested Web site is temporarily unavailable in DNS.

Possible Solution
Examine or correct any mistakes, or try again at a later time.

[/quote]

Yehey! this works now :slight_smile:

Links don’t work in site map at bottom of page.