NOVA computer store

Well, my wife always calls it “san c”.[/quote]
And where are all these other computer stores with a big a$$ yellow 3C? Anytime I tell someone I got so-and-so from 3C they know what I mean (foreign or Taiwanese).

Most Taiwanese I’ve spoken with have referred to ‘3C’ as ‘Can Kun.’

Anyway, just came back from Nova, where I had a nice notebook buying experience. The staff at most stalls I went to were experienced, helpful, and courteous. There’s very little difference in price between the vendors - it’s a pretty cutthroat business, which of course benefits us shoppers. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Bu Lai En”]Well, my wife always calls it “san c”.[/quote]Yeah, but think, back home you’d say you were heading to the dairy and people probably knew where you meant to. That doesn’t mean the shop’s name was The Dairy. Same thing with 3C - just because people know where you most likely mean doesn’t mean that the name of the place is 3C.

Sunfair has a big white-on-blue one, but their signage doesn’t stand out as much (literally). And I’m pretty sure XTime has a big 3C on their signage as well. I’m pretty sure their logo on the one next to one of my workplaces does.

I’m lying. I’ve seen other stores with 3C in there signage. It’s just that I see the big and yellow one all over the place and I started calling it 3C when I first arrived. Also, I don’t remember them having their “English” name on anything they gave me (I didn’t recognize the characters at the time). I just remember a big yellow 3C on all my receipts and warranty stickers.

Is the name Sunfair or Sunfar?
sunfar.com.tw/

Notice the big yellow 3C

I guess I could start calling it Sunfar, it just doesn’t seem as cool.

Back to Nova. Prices there are indeed cheap and it’s easy to haggle someone down. Expecially if you go there with a friend (some friends) and buy more stuff.

I think when posters write ‘3C’ they mean the big yellow electronics shops. I think the actual name is TKEC. But because their sign says ‘3C’ in such huge letters most of my friends just call it the ‘3C shop’.

Hans

Now I’m even more confused :slight_smile:. I haven’t been to a “3C” in over a year so I’m not sure which one is the one I’m talking about. I’ll try to find out today. I think it might be the one posted above and not the one I posted :laughing:

Found out in the newspapers today, it’s Tsann Kuen Enterprises Company. They are being investigated for securities fraud for selling their US shares in Taiwan illegally.

[quote]Bu Lai En wrote:
Well, my wife always calls it “san c”.
Yeah, but think, back home you’d say you were heading to the dairy and people probably knew where you meant to. That doesn’t mean the shop’s name was The Dairy. Same thing with 3C[/quote]

Nha. I asked her about it. She means the big yellow one. She always callsit ‘San C’. She doesn’t mean it generically. Yes, she said it’s real name is Cun Ken (or something). Maybe she’s just a freak.

Brian

Or it could be she wanted to make sure you understood her. :wink: