Novel coronavirus cases reignite SARS fears - the epidemic mess foretold

You can’t stop strangers from coughing or sneezing on you.

What is the DPP thinking?

1 Like

She looks pretty healthy that day at least :slight_smile: Maybe she wasn’t spreading it yet. :

3 Likes
10 Likes

What assholes

2 Likes

I was going to use an adjective that rhymes with sisterf*cking douchebags, but perhaps assholes covers it.
Unbelievable.

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Cruises and coronoavirus

What on earth is going on in that video?

Guy

I had an old man walk up to me, look at me, and then cough at me today. He wasn’t wearing a mask, but I was getting ready to go, so my vogmask and sunglasses were already on. Let’s pray it really is N99.

How many times can I post “WHAT’S WRONG WITH PEOPLE?”

4 Likes

If somebody wants to receive a cross and hook, feel free to do the same on me. :slight_smile:

So these 14-day quarantines that are becoming more common: how do they work? Is the idea that anyone who lives with you leaves home for the two weeks, or is the whole household quarantined? Or can one person be under quarantine, and someone else in the family can come and go to the office and supermarket? For people who live on their own, is some kind of help or support provided?

They are an 80 year old and a 63 year old.

And I do not have their landline.

TBH my intermediary is another far flung relative in Panama who can speak Cantonese. I am also hoping they somehow managed to hightail it to HK, but I think the border’s already closed.

UPDATE
Yeah, Uncle is in HK, granny stayed behind because, well, old people are stubborn. So fingers crossed.

1 Like

china also allowed it to get this bad. you are skipping over a few details there son.

I had my neighbor -the one who lives in a humid basement, perfect breeding ground for tuberculosis- scold me for not wearing a mask while going outside.

I replied: you put yours inside out. She freaked out and fixed immediately…virus side next to her mouth. Snicker.

2 Likes

Cyanide will not cure coronavirus.

Received this notice from CDC via the LINE group.

“Recently, some netizens on the Internet have disseminated “Cyanide can kill Wuhan pneumonia virus and prevent Chinese people from taking it …” and other false statements. The command center severely says that cyanide is highly toxic and would harm health. When you receive information about an epidemic of unknown or unproven origin, do not distribute or repost it at random to avoid breaking the law. The Central Epidemic Epidemic Command Center is concerned about your information Update Date 2020/2/8”

2 Likes

How stupid does someone have to be to ingest cyanide as a cure for coronavirus? Hopefully people that are that dumb can’t get their hands on it in the first place.

4 Likes

This is so frustrating because obviously we all want to know what the hell is going on and China won’t divulge anything.

4 Likes

Hopefully they can :upside_down_face:

Here’s some good news. Everyone on the Aquarius tested negative.

4 Likes

Seems there could be superspreaders. The death rate in one study is given at 4.3.

1 Like