Novel coronavirus cases reignite SARS fears - the epidemic mess foretold

You mean, lets all get involved in politics and instead to print Taiwan flag we print USA fighter jets. Taiwan being always Taiwan.

There was a video that Twitter took down of a woman ordered to kill her own dog - which was bludgeoned to death with a pole… There is footage of her leading it out. Looked like a nice well mannered Labrador.

It’s in Japanese.

Guy

3 Likes

Ehem it is meant for Japanese environment.

And we need something they would recognize.

3 Likes

I known and understand the problems around one country two systems and Taiwanese identity, but sometimes the impression is: Taiwan is like a Chihuahua, barks for anything and in any opportunity.

17 posts were split to a new topic: Do Chihuahuas kill?

My dears, you do know that the chihuahua bites more people every year and kills more than any other dog, right? Choose another kind of doggie.

In Spanish we say: el que no llora, no mama. Taiwan is ignored, set aside, everyone especially China likes to pretend it does not exist.

Having its own identity out there after so many centuries of being subjugated is awesome. And in this case, life saving. It is not only a matter of getting service, not being kicked out of a store. Without a voice or ears, without access to info, Taian is sitting duck. Being piled along with the mess in China is detrimental to our economy, especially when efforts here have worked in keeping the virus at bay.

4 Likes

Back to the main topic, things now got worst, or they start to count properly in China!!! :doh:

https://news.yahoo.com/confirmed-covid-19-cases-reach-131800716.html

Surprise mother folks :slight_smile: :wall:

Someone made a Wuhan coronavirus location map for Taiwan, but it only shows regions because Taiwan government has not released the actual city location information.

1 Like

This woman flew in on Jan 25th and only today was confirmed as positive. This is not good news to me. Not at all

2 Likes

This is old news from a day ago. The reason for the huge increase is they applied a new litmus test to a backlog of cases (instead of waiting for lab confirmation they now count any suspected cases with CT evidence of pneumonia on the lungs). It’s not a huge daily increase. The daily trend of new cases is actually slightly on a downward, but too early to say whether it’s peaked for sure.

2 Likes

I don’t trust Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam to (a) properly identify and quarantine cases, and (b) give us the real numbers. If it’s 19 in Malaysia it’s probably 100.

3 Likes

I still can’t believe Indonesia number of cases

1 Like

No. Friggin. Contest. At all. (I used to have a plug-in that let me not visit forumosa, or other websites on a list that I’d set, for X number of hours - but a MacOS update killed it. I need to find something similar!)

1 Like

Add Philippines and Yeah, those places don’t even know what’s going on in some of their towns cities and hospitals.

4 Likes

This is not old news, it is news from 2 hours ago and just reaffirms with the new methodology things are much worse than what they were actually showing.

Bollocks it’s yesterday’s news. Clearly says 13th, clearly says Thursday. Try and keep up.

In fairness I get thoroughly confused about that when looking at websites. Is it giving me Taiwan time? London time? New York? Some sites are good about just automatically referring to whatever time zone I’m in, but others aren’t, and as a result I never know.

There are 2 links there, I’m talking about the first link:

https://news.yahoo.com/confirmed-covid-19-cases-reach-131800716.html

Eyes problem can be a symptom of coronavirus :smiley:

Yesterday’s news, dear, even in local papers. Discussed before. Move on.

1 Like