NOW is the time to buy a car or bike

Its ghost month, which means Taiwanese people do not make any big purchases as they believe in superstitious mumbo jumbo… :loco:
What this means is that car,bikes and houses are not selling until next month, so the sales agents will be willing to do a good deal.
It also works the other way, i cant sell my bloody car until next month, 3 people want to buy it but cant as they think some ghost will possess the car :loco:

So now is the time to buy :smiley:
Don’t leave it until the end of the month because the sales guys will be willing to wait 2-3 days longer until the month passes as they know that lots of people will be rushing to buy once the month is over.

In related news, the Japanese govt. is stepping in to devalue the Yen.

Might be able to afford that STI now then… :smiley:
Doubt it will do anything for prices, the NT is quite strong against the EURO and all the import car prices are going up!. :s

Might be able to afford that STI now then… :smiley:
Doubt it will do anything for prices, the NT is quite strong against the EURO and all the import car prices are going up!. :s[/quote]

1.9mil for a new STi as we speak…2012 Legacy GT 1.55mil, which arrives in November. 2012 MY not fitted with Bilsteins anymore…

No biggie. Red’s Konis are quite nice enough.

Corner cutting i guess you could say?.

Just found out that my whole front end on the Yeti doesn’t use the standard gti/audi TT alloy subframe and brake system, instead its steel and mostly one piece… this means my lovely 997 calipers i was about to buy don’t fit :frowning:
Its kind of cheeky that manufacturers don’t tell you when they remove things from your car.

[quote=“smellybumlove”]Corner cutting i guess you could say?.

Just found out that my whole front end on the Yeti doesn’t use the standard gti/audi TT alloy subframe and brake system, instead its steel and mostly one piece… this means my lovely 997 calipers I was about to buy don’t fit :frowning:
Its kind of cheeky that manufacturers don’t tell you when they remove things from your car.[/quote]

You could say corner cutting, but I’d guess that Subaru are likely happier with their pricing lineup and/or whichever damper producer they are using already. They might simply be using unbranded Bilsteins too. I don’t know, but I do know that Subaru are rarely guilty of cost cutting for the sake of lower quality.

I also thought you were selling your car. Isn’t that about the time you stop making modifications to it?

No biggie. Red’s Konis are quite nice enough.[/quote]

Should have specified that it’s the '12 LGT that won’t be getting the Bils anymore. A little cost cutting on Subaru’s part but I don’t think they’ll put anything as a crappy as what came OEM on my '08 WRX. I’m equally satisfied with my Konis.

Back to the topic. A salesman friend of mine said that ghost month is a rather low sales period, but they don’t have much leeway in terms of finals sales price on new vehicles. However, they do offer a few more ‘options’ than usual during this time.

No biggie. Red’s Konis are quite nice enough.[/quote]

Should have specified that it’s the '12 LGT that won’t be getting the Bils anymore. A little cost cutting on Subaru’s part but I don’t think they’ll put anything as a crappy as what came OEM on my '08 WRX. I’m equally satisfied with my Konis.

Back to the topic. A salesman friend of mine said that ghost month is a rather low sales period, but they don’t have much leeway in terms of finals sales price on new vehicles. However, they do offer a few more ‘options’ than usual during this time.[/quote]

I would add that sourcing vehicles at present is as easy as pulling out one’s own wisdom teeth. It doesn’t help that sales prices on used cars are very rigid indeed and quality is down from what it was a year ago.

Did anyone follow my advise?.

I managed to buy a brand new still to arrive 2012 golf gti mk6 for 1.33 million, thats fully registered on the road with taxes payed for and a free service thrown in.
Thats almost 100k off list plus another $14k saved on taxes and scamming reg fee’s.
Its so good taikoo motors called me and demanded to know where and how i got it so cheap, cheapest every other dealer could do (from Tainan to Niehu was 1.35 no service)

Tried to buy a scirocco but the price wasnt good enough, guess taiwanese still bend over the barrel for ‘sports’ cars.

[quote=“smellybumlove”]Did anyone follow my advise?.

I managed to buy a brand new still to arrive 2012 golf gti mk6 for 1.33 million,[/quote]

Sorry. I’d have either a Subaru or Lexus at that range.

[quote=“sulavaca”][quote=“smellybumlove”]Did anyone follow my advise?.

I managed to buy a brand new still to arrive 2012 golf gti mk6 for 1.33 million,[/quote]

Sorry. I’d have either a Subaru or Lexus at that range.[/quote]

the only decent subaru they make isnt sold at that price range… and lexus, seriously?! :ponder:

SOT (Subaru Of Taiwan) haven’t imported/sold the WRX since 2008/09, which was in the 1.25~1.3mil price range. For a new turbo Subaru these days, this is what’s available…

Cheapest to priciest…

• Forrester 2.5XT…1.22mil (SUV crossover)
  • Legacy GT …1.5mil (sedan or wagon)
  • WRX STI…1.9mil (hatch or sedan)

The WRX STI is available in a hatch (like the GTI) or sedan, but would compete in price against a Golf R, not a GTI. The WRX was priced right in between the FXT and LGT, but SOT got poor sales with the WRX for a few reasons I guess. No inventory (choice of colors was limited) + most people who wanted a sporty hatch were/are not willing or able to drive an MT so the GTI (AT DSG) took lots of sales away + in 08/09 the STI was 1.7mil so many buyers would just put up the extra dosh and go for an STI + the 08/09 WRX (EDM version) was cosmetically horrendous to look at (it still is, unless a few chrome parts are sanded and painted over, the front ghetto 80s grill replaced and the STI spoiler is added)…and possibly the economy crisis didn’t help much. Sales numbers that i’ve gotten for the 08/09 WRX are 26 units, and the 08+ STI is at 189 and counting.

The deal in the list of current turbo Subaru cars for sale here would be the LGT @ 1.5mil. Loads of space and comfort + good handling. But not a nimble hatch like a GTI.

I think u can buy the lowest trim of CT200H for $1.39m before discount…but to be honest, for the same price I would choose a fully loaded GTI over the most basic CT200H…then sell it 4 yrs later after warranty is out… :smiley:

[quote=“Captain Stag”]SOT (Subaru of Taiwan) haven’t imported/sold the WRX since 2008/09, which was in the 1.25~1.3mil price range. For a new turbo Subaru these days, this is what’s available…

Cheapest to priciest…

• Forrester 2.5XT…1.22mil (SUV crossover)
  • Legacy GT …1.5mil (sedan or wagon)
  • WRX STI…1.9mil (hatch or sedan)

The WRX STI is available in a hatch (like the GTI) or sedan, but would compete in price against a Golf R, not a GTI. The WRX was priced right in between the FXT and LGT, but SOT got poor sales with the WRX for a few reasons I guess. No inventory (choice of colors was limited) + most people who wanted a sporty hatch were/are not willing or able to drive an MT so the GTI (AT DSG) took lots of sales away + in 08/09 the STI was 1.7mil so many buyers would just put up the extra dosh and go for an STI + the 08/09 WRX (EDM version) was cosmetically horrendous to look at (it still is, unless a few chrome parts are sanded and painted over, the front ghetto 80s grill replaced and the STI spoiler is added)…and possibly the economy crisis didn’t help much. Sales numbers that I’ve gotten for the 08/09 WRX are 26 units, and the 08+ STI is at 189 and counting.

The deal in the list of current turbo Subaru cars for sale here would be the LGT @ 1.5mil. Loads of space and comfort + good handling. But not a nimble hatch like a GTI.[/quote]

tried the legacy, horrible plastics, handling wasnt good (soft), gearbox was like a camry… shame.
But i didnt need a large car, if i did i would of bought a superb combi for 1.35 new.
I agree that the original WRX was a great bargain, but they dont bring them in anymore.

Anyway the GTI is cheaper here than back in the uk (exhange rate) so it was a no brainer… plus its DSG so the wife can drive it.