Now that we are nuclear again, let's make a bomb

At least develop the ability to do so in a few months come wartime.

1 Like

It would be pretty easy I think. Rumor has it we sold most of the technology to NK to develop their nukes.

How to build the bomb is not a secret. The difficult part is getting enough enriched uranium. It would be a massive effort and I am pretty sure the US would intervene.

You don’t need to build a bomb that actually achieves nuclear fission …To make a devastating nuclear bomb.

But in the end I don’t recommend going down any of this paths because they could very well lead to death and destruction.

1 Like

Wouldn’t that be not that difficult with active plants?

It wouldn’t help, China would still hold escalation dominance nor would it be credible that Taiwan would resort to nukes.

5 nukes in major cities in China might kill, 1% of the population ? 5 nukes in major east costs cities could easily wipe out 20% of the population and that would be such a big disaster taiwan couldn’t recover.

So, would it be credible that Taiwan resorted to nukes ?

More importantly, what do we call the bomb after we make it?

beijing blaster

little mao

Winny the Boom - @IbisWtf

1 Like

The Chungshan institute was working on nuclear projects for years. Not sure how close they got. I worked for a company that sold them source material for ostensible medical research. They always had to sign a statement saying the source wouldn’t be used for weapons research.

1 Like

I mean you can say the same thing about NK and their ICBM against the US. But they literally got away with everything since they built it.

I think Germany signed a statement they wouldn’t invade Poland…

@overnightoats666

Winny the Boom

2 Likes

Taiwan and NK signed a deal for Taipower to dump its nuclear waste there. It’s sort of like a global cap-and-trade program, where rich countries pay poor countries to dispose of their waste. South Korea wasn’t happy.
ugly
Those ugly Taiwanese people!

Maybe if South Korea would like to recognize us, we don’t have the benefits of other countries in the international community.

2 Likes

Apparently the deal was scrapped

In the late 1990s, the cash-strapped North Korea agreed to take 200,000 barrels of Taiwanese nuclear waste from Taipower, in the process alarming South Korea. However, an inability to obtain the proper export permits for the waste, and North Korea’s refusal to allow Taipower associates to visit a processing site in Pyongsan, ultimately prevented implementation of the deal, with Pyongyang later threatening to sue (also see here). Ironically, in February 2017 Taiwanese media reported evidence of North Korean nuclear waste being dumped near Taiwan by a third party.

From Taiwan Sentinel
https://sentinel.tw/trading-hermit-kingdom-taiwan-nk/

2 Likes