NT$10000 ATM transfer limit

Maybe the government has just come to the conclusion that the police force is useless and decided that ‘structural impediments’ are the only way to stop this kind of fraud? You know that every time some retiree gets scammed it’s all over the media and everyone asks what the government is going to do about it…
I don’t think a cap is such a bad idea, just the implementation was a bit heavy handed and the number rather arbitrary.
Oh, the caps will also apply (or not!) to transfers by virtual ATM, or whatever they call internet banking via IC card. If you think that there are a lot of scams involving the gullible, cell phones and ATM machines, just wait until these gangs start hacking internet banking sessions :help:

bingo …

i wouldn’t use internet banking here for any reason. yeah, maybe i’m paranoid, but just too many scams, and who knows who is paying who to steal that password … feel more secure doing without. the security of the sessions would not be where i would want it. you may be able to use it hassle-free for a long time, but it screws up once … all gone.

and imagine the cops trying to do anything about internet theft. they often need a kick in the rear to act on ATM theft when there is video evidence …