NT$10m (US$312,500) to eliminate people who sell out Taiwan

Taipei Times (today)

[quote]The Chinese-language United Daily News reported yesterday that Banciao prosecutors restricted the movements of Taiwan Party Chairman Huang Shui-mu (黃水木) after he allegedly offered NT$10 million (US$312,500) and weapons to anyone who would eliminate people willing to “sell out Taiwan.”

Police found the message on the Internet and summoned Huang for questioning, where he said he had nothing to do with the post as he did not know how to use a computer.[/quote]

lets all start a fundraising events to increase that bounty :wink: :rainbow:

It would be far cheaper to tie them & toss them in a river. If they sink, they’re guilty. If they float, they’re guilty and are in league with the devil.

how about the Taiwan strait?
Let them swim back to China, those who make it will find the “paradise” that they were looking for, and those who sink…well they sink =p

My idea was along the lines of having a referendum with a choice of selling prices (listed in NTD) for Taiwan

10NTD
10000000NTD (or say US$ 300K)
Not enough money in the world buddy (NOT FOR SALE)

So each ROC citizen will receive this amount for handing Taiwan to China (based on the total ballots cast). This seems a logical way to do it. Eventually Taiwan will be sold or China will buy it out anyways. Instead of the select few getting a lot of money, why not let everybody have the same amount. That’s democracy (Taiwan loves to talk about Taiwan democracy to the world) or is it communism (as the CCP supposedly aspires too).

It would also serve as a referendum on Taiwan Independance

The KMT would be against it as there is no option for “only KMT’ers receiving”…

[quote=“TNT”]My idea was along the lines of having a referendum with a choice of selling prices (listed in NTD) for Taiwan

10NTD
10000000NTD (or say US$ 300K)
Not enough money in the world buddy (NOT FOR SALE)

So each ROC citizen will receive this amount for handing Taiwan to China (based on the total ballots cast). This seems a logical way to do it. Eventually Taiwan will be sold or China will buy it out anyways. Instead of the select few getting a lot of money, why not let everybody have the same amount. That’s democracy (Taiwan loves to talk about Taiwan democracy to the world) or is it communism (as the CCP supposedly aspires too).

It would also serve as a referendum on Taiwan Independance[/quote]

I guess it would depend on the person.
I don’t know about other people, but my integrity, dignity, and honor is not up for sale for any price. I would honestly turn down any amount of money. However, realistically, I can’t say the same for others.