Number 9, one more time

This morning I woke up kinda soon and went for a ride to Jiaoxi (Yilan). After a milk tea at 7/11 I headed Taipei again for having a hotspring with my gf in Beitou. Number 9, here I go again…

I have seen plenty of accidents in this road, but none had impressed me as much as the one I saw today (well, the total number of accidents I´ve seen today reaches 4 or 5… but in several places).

The road was wet and there was some dirt over it. The kid (he´s was a fuckin´ kid) slided for some meters and destroyed his pants and feather coat as result. A big truck managed to stop in front of the scooter without passing over it. Two friends were alerting other people about the accident… the whole scene looked worse than what perhaps it actually was, but I’d say that I saw some pieces of flesh over the road as well as blood. His pants were shreaded as I said, and there were bloody “things” coming out. Not sure if the way will be ever capable of having descendence… I almost vomit. I took some pictures, but I think I´ll keep with me.

Last Sunday I decided to stop racing and start to “ride” more, for a number of reasons that I´m not going to explain. Anyway, after seeing this, and after meeting the guy who sold me my current bike, who had a bad accident, and seeing the pictures of his broken and opened leg, I really feel like to slow down and perhaps give it a try to those tracks that are somewhere out there. I also want to get some safety stuff for my gf, such leather jacket and gloves.

I do enjoy speed and adreanline, but I also have stomach, and it says “I want to vomit”…

Bonus: When I saw the accident, I parked in the margin of the road, and despite my indications, another truck smashed my left mirror. I’ve driven without it by road and in the city, and I found it a pain in the ass, almost impossible. However, people here seem to don´t give a fuck, as you can tell if you look at all these taiwanese without them or not using them at all…

I hear you. I don’t know if I am getting old, getting wise or getting scared. Too many people close to me has gotten hurt pretty bad, and I know it is just a matter of time before my luck runs out. Sold my bike, and I do miss it, always will. But while I’m in Taiwan, I’ll just drive my car. Good luck with driving safely!

Yeah, that is why I don’t ride on the race on the streets here. It is just too dangerous. I don’t even really mountain ride anymore unless I am going on a tour around the island. I have had 2 friends here pass away on motorcycles on the mountain roads here. If you want to race then get on the track. Also dangerous for sure, but at least you don’t have to worry about traffic and other idiotic drivers. Be careful!