Number of international marriages in Taiwan falls by half in 2020

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

1 Like

Probably because the number of internationals fell in half due to… you know.

2 Likes

That’s why it could be the best of times or the worst of times depending on where you are and what you’re looking for.

Majority of married foreigners are asians. uses a white dude’s photo in the article.

7 Likes

Gotta keep the stereotypes going strong.

2 Likes

Is it? It’s hard to tell with the closed eyes, pixelation, and speckles.

It’s a Rorschach test.

1 Like

I can’t even tell if either of them are actually people. Taiwan News is really hard up in the resources department is all I get from it if that is the best they can dredge from their archives.

3 Likes

An interesting factoid . Money related no doubt.

With regard to the sex of international spouses, foreign husbands outnumbered foreign wives by only 56 in Taipei in 2020, while foreign wives outnumbered foreign husbands elsewhere in the six aforementioned municipalities.

It seems to have been fairly steady at 20k a year for years. Vast majority SEA brides and Chinese.

That’s a big drop. I wonder will it ever recover. A lot of Taiwanese have left China also.

no on second glance it is indeed a black dude, right you are sir.

Whatever you say :man_shrugging:

Maybe she’s the international spouse?

He looks a bit like a young Oliver Reed.

1 Like

Maybe it’s me! second thought I look more like an old Oliver Reed.

1 Like

No worries, I will get married again soon! I need to help this country.

1 Like

You got somebody in mind, or is this just the general plan?

What a misleading headline. Marriages for all people in Taiwan dropped. 2020 was the lowest in 10 years

I believe that we have a conspiracy here.

…drastic decrease in the number of international marriages in Taiwan is supposedly due to the tight international border controls driven by the pandemic, according to CNA.

They’re waiting for you in the living room section at Ikea. If accepted into the Repopulation Program, you’ll be directed to the bedroom section to report for duty.

1 Like

Well, just a plan with good intentions, but nobody in mind yet :slight_smile:

1 Like