Numbers of Motorcycles in Taiwan - anyone help?

Hi, does anyone know where I could get a quotable (e.g. relatively accurate) figure of the number of motorcycles in Taiwan, by category.

To be more specific I would like to find out the number of bikes in the 550cc + category as a % of the whole, and if I could find out how many of those are Harley-Davidson, Indian and Victory it would be perfect.

Nothing sinister - just for an article I am writing for a USA biker group and want to give an idea of the situation here.

You seem intent on “writing” this article with less than the bare minimum of research, have you tried here, seems to answer your questions.

Thanks for your positive reply. Why the “writing” - any problem? Yes, I am researching right now. This is one detail of the whole article. I don’t see how the link you sent is relevant unless I am not seeing the right link.

What SuperS54 implies is this.

Thanks Slawa. The survey gives me some of what I want, albeit not completely.

(http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.460.2229&rep=rep1&type=pdf)

In UK I would easily be able to get government figures for types and makes of motorcycle registered and my query was whether anyone knew if this was available here. I already have details from a couple of other countries. Anyhow, these are just details for a wider article.

Thanks Slawa.

I’d imagine Taiwan also has more ghost bikes than in the UK. Not sure how you’d account for those.

You are probably right.