Nutrition for Dummies in Chinese?

Damn! Where are you from? The average woman here in Taiwan is a stunner!

Damn! Where are you from? The average woman here in Taiwan is a stunner![/quote]

Of course, you’re right.

I thought it was clear from the lead-in and context that I was referring to western women.

not worth it

You must know quite the collection of foreigners then (and Taiwanese too).

See, this is gonna cause some controversy, but from what I can see here in Taiwan is that a large proportion of the western men exercise, take care of themselves, etc. But with regards to the women, you see a lot more that are overweight and unkempt.
[/quote]

I didn’t say “westerners in Taiwan”, did I? I was referring to people who live in the west.
And you are seeing completely different western men in Taiwan than I am.

[quote=“SuchAFob”]
One of the main reasons I rarely date western men is that I just don’t see how a girl can get into a guy who takes bad care of his body or doesn’t pay attention to his hair and clothes.[/quote]

and then

[quote=“SuchAFob”]
Well I am completely convinced that people here don’t actually give a fuck about their health, they only care that people around them think they do. This is obvious in eating habits, the apathetic exercise, the taking 100000 pills for a runny nose, and in many other aspects. It’s okay if you die at 50 if your family says you tried not to.[/quote]

Thats a bit of confusion right there.

I think the average westerner knows far more than the average Taiwanese about health, fitness and diet.

I think the average Taiwanese cares more about fashion, hair style and appearance etc.

I guess its your personal preference as to what qualities are important, but I consider the first one to be of far more importance to long term health and the second to be a reflection of the rampant narcissism in Taiwanese society.

This is probably best reflected in the advertisements I’ve seen on TV for dangerous drugs which are banned in the West that are used to: increase breast size (through eostrogen supplements I think) or reduce weight.

[quote=“Tyc00n”]I think the average westerner knows far more than the average Taiwanese about health, fitness and diet.

I think the average Taiwanese cares more about fashion, hair style and appearance etc.

I guess its your personal preference as to what qualities are important, but I consider the first one to be of far more importance to long term health and the second to be a reflection of the rampant narcissism in Taiwanese society.

This is probably best reflected in the advertisements I’ve seen on TV for dangerous drugs which are banned in the West that are used to: increase breast size (through eostrogen supplements I think) or reduce weight.[/quote]

You hit the nail on the head Tyc00n.

It’s all about appearance with the Taiwanese - not substance (Though they REALLY DO go to the doctor an average of 15 times a year because they think that the doctor can make every runny nose go away. That’s not for appearance. It’s merely due to ignorance).

I guess I should specify.
I see that the people I know here put more energy into LOOKING healthy. Taking care of the body in a superficial way. And popping supplements to make up for diet.
Not much in the lines of proper nutrition and true “oh good heavens! no! not a muscular woman folk!” work outs.
I do think that is changing with the younger generation. My younger friends are half muscular and half scrawny whereas my older friends are all scrawny.

I decide I want to grow some more mucles to be a top hunk and eat alot off oat to get proteins.

Here is a good line from my GF

:noway: :loco:

Bodybuilders all over europe eat oat and they look fitt to me. I just burn carbs so eating bread and rice is doing me no good.
I nead proteins.

[quote=“Stian”]I decide I want to grow some more mucles to be a top hunk and eat alot off oat to get proteins.

Here is a good line from my GF

:noway: :loco:

Bodybuilders all over Europe eat oat and they look fitt to me. I just burn carbs so eating bread and rice is doing me no good.
I nead proteins.[/quote]

Well, as a bodybuilder for years I can assure you that there isn’t much protein in oats (especially complete protein with high bioavailabillity). However, bodybuilders (and a great deal of others) do value oatmeal as great source of soluble fibre and complex carbohydrates.

White rice, aside from being a simple carbohydrate, is virtually worthless as a source of nutrition.