NY Times: Taiwan the most important "place" in the world, per capita

Are you sure there’s no way for us to convince you to come back to Taiwan? This place would be unstoppable with you and your inherited assets at the helm!

Maryland is too small a pond for a big fish like you!

Yes a few will for sure. Glad to see you’ve dumped your anti white rhetoric for a minute or two.

2 Likes

You got him mixed up with another whatever.

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

That’s a, imo, at minimum, base, starting salary figure (for technical folks). From the articles posted with salary info, it’s not vaguely close. In some cases, some of the figures being tossed about for good pay had a base literally min wage where folks are currently at.

It’s awesome!

I met quite a few covid refugee ABC at startup events and many have the idea of starting something here. Whether it happens, we will have to fucking see

4 Likes

haha. Been thinking about changing the username but I’m not sure if its possible.

Sure, it’s considered. Then largely dismissed. :stuck_out_tongue:

France, Germany, and Brittain vs Taiwan are a apples to oranges comparison due to the EU and ease of working in another country there.

Well, that’s funny considering none of their most popular destinations are EU countries, it’s Switzerland for France and Germany and Australia for Britain, which you would have noticed if you had read the articles.

Top destinations for overseas French

1. Switzerland
  2. USA
  3. UK
  4. Belgium
  5. Germany
  6. Canada

Top destinations for overseas Germans

1. Switzerland
  2. Austria
  3. UK
  4. The Netherlands
  5. Spain (mostly retirees)
  6. Turkey (lots of Turkish diaspora in Germany)

Top destinations for overseas Brits

1. Australia
  2. Spain (mostly retirees)
  3. USA
  4. Canada
  5. Ireland
  6. New Zealand

Pretty obvious that language is far and away the primary concern, just like for Taiwanese.

It’s definitely not average but there are multinationals who pay that high in Taiwan.

The Amazon data center in Xinbei pays $67,000 USD for the most basic engineer.

Switzerland isn’t an EU nation, but it participates in it with the same rules as member states in many ways (including travel and work). That said:
1- 3 of the 4 top German destinations are in the open work EU zone (including Switzerland)
2 - the plurality, and close to majority, of the destinations for France is in the open work EU zone
3 - UK, yeah, ok, they go to old colonies a lot. ;D That makes sense, and I don’t know if they have any special allowances for it in those countries, but there’s obviously an unusually close relationship there in many cases.

It’s very easy for Taiwanese to move to the United States to work.

“according to this” (random) “guy”… :rofl:

and what’s a basic engineer? ;D

No they do not. Switzerland participates in the Schengen Area, not the single market. EU/EEA citizens can freely travel to Switzerland, but cannot work/stay without a visa. The reverse is also true, but few Swiss would do that as their wages are 2-4 times higher than their neighbours.

The same applies to Taiwanese people. The top destination for overseas Taiwanese is China (including HK and Macau), by far, where Taiwanese are actively lured to work and stay in for their agenda-pushing. Followed by SE Asia, then it’s the US.

I trust him.

incorrect.

Are you blind?

That’s quoted from your own link.

It is a different rule and it is easier, but it’s not the same as EEA countries.

Uh… you generally need a company sponsor. I’m not sure I’d throw that into the very easy category.