NZ/Australian ads

[color=red]Mod note: Split from [url=How to find Ms. Right? thread[/url].[/color]

What’s that from? An advert from the Kiwi Postal Service?

ToeDownunda

[/quote]

It’s the #%*$#% ad for Pantene shampoo. Gee, thanks a lot for the reminder, Tetsuo, one of the attractions of living in Taiwan was NOT having to endure that commercial. Actually, if you’re Australian, it’s more like ‘ut won’t heppen overnight, bit ut wull heppen’ :stuck_out_tongue:

But how to find Ms Right? I dunno, depends on the characteristics which make up said person.

[/quote]

It’s the #%*$#% ad for Pantene shampoo. Gee, thanks a lot for the reminder, Tetsuo, one of the attractions of living in Taiwan was NOT having to endure that commercial. Actually, if you’re Australian, it’s more like ‘ut won’t heppen overnight, bit ut wull heppen’ :stuck_out_tongue:

But how to find Ms Right? I dunno, depends on the characteristics which make up said person.[/quote]

Hey!!! Some Australian ads have great jingles. Who could forget the “slip, slop, and slap” ad campaign. For those of you are not Aussies it promoting using sunscreen not masturbation. :smiling_imp:

[/quote]

But how to find Ms Right? I dunno, depends on the characteristics which make up said person.[/quote]

Hey!!! Some Australian ads have great jingles. Who could forget the “slip, slop, and slap” ad campaign. For those of you are not Aussies it promoting using sunscreen not masturbation. :smiling_imp:[/quote]

Going even further off topic…wasn’t there an ad “I feel a XXXX coming on…”? Advert for beer, but there was a condom brand Fourex?

ToePutsanothershrimponthebarbie

I think that’s Durex! Perverts, the lot of you :slight_smile:

What about the classic “Oh look, she’s wearing No Knickers!”, or how about nibbling on Nobby’s Nuts?

And of course, the ultimate:

Bugger.

Oh, and I have to say something about this too-famous ad. Contrary to Paul Hogan’s Americanized English, Australians throw PRAWNS on the barbie. Prawns! A ‘shrimp’ is a little guy, mostly :slight_smile:

The ‘bugger’ ad was a classic…

Rachel Hunter quoted…What is the world coming too “Sorry about the poem”.

[quote=“Tetsuo”]And of course, the ultimate:

Bugger.[/quote]
Just watched it at that website for the first time – what a great commercial!

Here’s an American classic. If you didn’t get it over there, and haven’t heard of it, can you guess the product?

"Plop, plop, fizz, fizz
“Oh, what a relief it is…”

[quote=“Screaming Jesus”]Here’s an American classic. If you didn’t get it over there, and haven’t heard of it, can you guess the product?

"Plop, plop, fizz, fizz
“Oh, what a relief it is…”[/quote]

Exlax? :wink:

[quote=“Screaming Jesus”]"Plop, plop, fizz, fizz
“Oh, what a relief it is…”[/quote]

Never heard it (I think), but it’s got to be Berocca or something, no? (The fizzy tablet you take in water for indigestion…). Have to say it doesn’t sound that appealing taken out of context!

Edited - to avoid cultural misinformation I should add that Berocca is actually a vitamin supplement, but also a popular hangover remedy. I was mixing it up with Gaviscon, which is an indigestion tablet, but doesn’t fizz (I think).

Right daasgirl–it was Alkaseltzer.

I have one thing to add to this thread

“NOT HAPPY JAN!!!”

It’s the NAPISAN DOORSTEP CHALLENGE!

[color=blue]I’m excited!!![/color]

I think that’s Durex! Perverts, the lot of you :slight_smile:[/quote]

Mate
Mate
Mealmate mate
Maaate

Or how about
“ow, Trevor!”

Or my favourtie
“What’s your’s Dad?”
“[color=black]BEEF[/color]”

Brian

Dude! I’d totally forgotten the Meal Mates ad! Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaate!

Here’s a test: Finish this advertisement lyric -
“Stop making love to that bottle baby…”

Answers:
a) “Go and make a cup of tea”
b) “Come and make love to me”
c) “Chuck another shrimp on the barbie”

[quote=“Tetsuo”]Here’s a test: Finish this advertisement lyric -
“Stop making love to that bottle baby…”[/quote]

Hmm, well (b) seems to work best, but I’ve never heard this or the ones Brian mentioned. Either they’re NZ only or I didn’t watch enough TV back home :noway: