Oatmeal

This may seem like a stupid question but can I get Oatmeal in Taiwan…

I am sure COSTCO would have oatmeal…

I am wondering is grown locally… this way it would be cheaper…

It is $1 per lb in the US…

You can get oatmeal at any supermarket. It’s not very expensive. I doubt it’s grown locally. It’s Quaker. They grow rice here.

Thanks… I am just trying to figure out how much my food budget would be…

USD = 160 a month… I eat a lot of food… but no junk… Oatmeal, milk, honey, and egg whites. All day long… 6-7 times… I just put it in a blender and make a shake…

but I am sure I will try local food a few times a week…

I am a fitness model… so I need to watch what I eat…

Oatmeal is widely available - just ask for yanmaipian.

[size=200]燕麥片
y

You can pick up the Quaker instant flavored oatmeal at Costco. It is about NT$450 ish for a box of 55 one serving packs (probably not what you are looking for if you are making shakes). They also have the regular Quaker oatmeal. I cannot remember how much it is but pretty sure it is cheaper than at the regular supermarket.

Welcome (ding hao) has it in large tins for a couple of hundred NT, from Oz.

[quote=“shanem2778”]Thanks… I am just trying to figure out how much my food budget would be…

USD = 160 a month… I eat a lot of food… but no junk… Oatmeal, milk, honey, and egg whites. All day long… 6-7 times… I just put it in a blender and make a shake…

but I am sure I will try local food a few times a week…

I am a fitness model… so I need to watch what I eat…[/quote]

6-7 shakes a day. im sorry, not trying to troll here but is this a sustainable lifestyle? is it difficult to source such ingredients back home? i think with costco and the advent of the internet, it is definitely possible for you to find all the ingredients you mentioned, but where ya gonna find
an electrical outlet to plug the blender in while doing ordinary activities such as leaving the house to teach, attend school etc? only folks i ever knew able to manage such a strict dietary regimen were those who worked at gyms/vitamin shoppes.

in addition to costco, you may want to try Ming Le:

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … a&&start=0

Just look for OATMEAL. It’s all over the place.

Look for one of the Government stores. Cheaper than the hyper-stores. They have eggs & good quality milk. And honey is easy to fins also.

Also you might find a “Grain shop” to buy that stuff. I get grains & nuts & bulk stuff at one. Better quality and fresher due to fast turn-over.
Just gotta look for a shop like that.