Obama in Afghanistan

:roflmao: Yeah right! And motivating the troops was just a bonus. Wonder if he will be dropping the same note in Pakistan? oops no troopies there.
link

:roflmao: Yeah right! And motivating the troops was just a bonus. Wonder if he will be dropping the same note in Pakistan? oops no troopies there.
link[/quote]

And what was your reaction when the opium trade increased tenfold under Bush’s misadministration? Silence and complicity, no doubt.

Gainsayers are also big on knee-jerk reactions, so your response will be to erroneously assume I support Obama. Wrong again.

Cool it…I was just talking about how a president needs to perform his cheer leading duties under the garb of anti-corruption and drug trafficking. If anybody is serious about it, they would put sanctions on the neighbours, and …well you know the drill.

I miss Bush, for his comedic genius and I think Obama is a messiah and I am waiting for him to perform his war ending miracles. For now though it’s just bouncing, flashing panties and pom-poms. :popcorn:

If they were serious about drug enforcement and developing Afghanistan they would just buy up the opium.

The Afghanis are short on water and most of their old time irrigation channels have been destroyed or haven’t been properly maintained. Their famous orchards are a shadow of the past. Wheat, fruit trees, and corn are thirsty crops. Opium poppies are hardy and give up 2 easy crops a year there.

Before someone starts screaming about buying Afghani opium, do realize we buy Turkish and Indian raw opium already and I believe there is a third country. The Tasmanians do all their stuff in-house and have moved up the value chain into the more lucrative thebaine-oxycontin market.

Personally I see it as a joke, as have most of Obama’s foreign policy decisions. Considering CNN has joined NYT on releasing secretive DoD progrms, well you can expect Karzai to :raspberry:

Yes, they’re very fond of keeping things in the family. Snicker!

HG

Bush made similar trips to the troops under nominal political reasons. What’s wrong with the commander-in-chief visiting his men and women in the field?

I tell you what. How about you list each of Obama’s major foreign policy decisions, and we’ll compare and contrast to those of the previous administration. Because I see little difference. But I’m sure you can enlighten me.

I bet a lot was accomplished in that 30 minute meeting. Maybe they exchanged recipes or swapped cuff links.