Obama Smear Sampler

Now Obama has a website to collect them. Fight the Smears

[quote]Smear:
Michelle Obama Says “Whitey” On a Tape
LIE: Rush Limbaugh says a tape exists of Michelle Obama using the word “whitey” from the pulpit of Trinity United
LIE: Blogger Larry Johnson writes “New and dramatic developments. This is a heads up. I’ll post the news Monday morning by 0900 hours.”
LIE: Proven GOP sleazemeister Roger Stone says he has “credible evidence that some indelible record exists” of a tape of Michelle Obama using the term “whitey.”
LIE: Blogger: “Tape was filmed between June 26th - July 1st 2004 in Chicago, IL at the Rainbow/PUSH Coalition Conference at Trinity United Church: specifically the Women’s Event.”[/quote]

[quote]LIE: Barack Obama is hiding his birth certificate
LIE: Barack Obama is a Muslim
LIE: Barack Obama attended a radical madrassa
LIE: Senator Obama was sworn into the US Senate using the Koran

Smear: Obama’s Books Contain Racially Incendiary Remarks
A recent email forward allegedly quotes passages from Senator Obama’s books related to race and religion. The majority of these are alterations, deliberate manipulations, and in one case, an outright fabrication of Obama’s words.
LIE: Barack Obama won’t say the pledge
LIE: Barack Obama won’t put his hand over this heart during the pledge of allegiance[/quote]
I’m not sure what good it will do. I just hope he does a better job than Kerry at fighting back.

Ha, Fox the other day was reporting on a “terrorist fist jab” by Obama. huffingtonpost.com/2008/06/0 … 06027.html

Is calling someone a Muslim a “smear” ?

It is when it’s a lie that you’re one, and when you’re running for office in the US.

There’s a website selling these.

It’s not so much a smear as it is racism.

Fox News calls Michelle Obama “Obama’s baby mama”

At the same time Malkin is saying how conservatives are not being mean or unfair.

Fox News has always been shite. Scary so many people seem to watch it tho.

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080612/ap_ … qjtZADW7oF

A “terrorist fist jab” - where on earth do they get these things. Sure, McCain can do a high-five, but when Obama does it, it’s a Muslim-fanatic secret coded signal. This just shows you how gullible many Americans can be if these kinds of tactics can be relied on.
:unamused:

[quote=“Jack Burton”]Fox News has always been shite. Scary so many people seem to watch it tho.

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080612/ap_ … qjtZADW7oF

A “terrorist fist jab” - where on earth do they get these things. Sure, McCain can do a high-five, but when Obama does it, it’s a Muslim-fanatic secret coded signal. This just shows you how gullible many Americans can be if these kinds of tactics can be relied on.
:unamused:[/quote]
I don’t think McCain can do a high five because of injuries while he was a POW. But I agree that FOX is disturbing due to the fact that it has any viewers at all.

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080613/ap_ … nton_girls

Ahh, the young idealistic generation that “buys into the theme of change” according to the article. How soon their idealism, youthful vigour and bright hope will be crushed by mediocrity, work grind, and disappointment…

It’s like tabloids. People know (well …) that they are reading bullshit but they still want to read it.

It’s like tabloids. People know (well …) that they are reading bullshit but they still want to read it.[/quote]
I don’t think so. The tabloids are like slowing down to look at car wrecks. You want to see two headed aliens and find out who Angelina Jolie has been meeting secretly and stuff. FOX is a manipulative political propaganda instrument.

Why would anyone want to see Obama’s smear samples?

When I’m in the U.S. I feel like I’m watching t.v. on anabolic steroids when I watch Fox News – with all the attendant side effects:

[quote]
Psychological Effects

Administration of anabolic steroids may affect behavior. Increased testosterone levels in the blood are associated with masculine behavior, aggressiveness and increased sexual desire. Increased aggressiveness may be beneficial for athletic training, but may also lead to overt violence outside the gym or the track. There are reports of violent, criminal behavior in individuals taking AS. Other side effects of AS are euphoria, confusion, sleeping disorders, pathological anxiety, paranoia, and hallucinations.[/quote]

[quote=“spook”]When I’m in the U.S. I feel like I’m watching t.v. on anabolic steroids when I watch Fox News – with all the attendant side effects:

[quote]
Psychological Effects

Administration of anabolic steroids may affect behavior. Increased testosterone levels in the blood are associated with masculine behavior, aggressiveness and increased sexual desire. Increased aggressiveness may be beneficial for athletic training, but may also lead to overt violence outside the gym or the track. There are reports of violent, criminal behavior in individuals taking AS. Other side effects of AS are euphoria, confusion, sleeping disorders, pathological anxiety, paranoia, and hallucinations.[/quote][/quote]You desire Bill O’Reilly?
Really?

[quote=“Jaboney”][quote=“spook”]When I’m in the U.S. I feel like I’m watching t.v. on anabolic steroids when I watch Fox News – with all the attendant side effects:

[quote]
Psychological Effects

Administration of anabolic steroids may affect behavior. Increased testosterone levels in the blood are associated with masculine behavior, aggressiveness and increased sexual desire. Increased aggressiveness may be beneficial for athletic training, but may also lead to overt violence outside the gym or the track. There are reports of violent, criminal behavior in individuals taking AS. Other side effects of AS are euphoria, confusion, sleeping disorders, pathological anxiety, paranoia, and hallucinations.[/quote][/quote]You desire Bill O’Reilly?
Really?[/quote]

No. Fox News is on steroids. Not me. You must be a hockey player.

So, let’s get this straight… Democrats, and people who support them, were expecting a fair fight? That’s funny.

This is a national election. The ugliness is just getting started. Anyone looking for a fair fight ought to stick to running for bingo caller at the Hayseed County Fair. Is this what we’re going to get until November, whining and crying about the low level to which this think is bound to sink? Please, people…

This is the best form of entertainment going today. It’s free speech at its zenith, minus the need to exercise any responsibility or restraint in regards to good taste or fairness. I, for one, wait four years for this truest example of freedom.

Michelle ‘Baby Mama’ Obama has no one to blame but herself for that silly “proud of America” remark. As far as I’m concerned, that alone is reason enough to not vote for her husband. A guy who would marry a woman with that impression of America is not the guy to run the country.

I just hate voting for McCain, who seems slightly… unbalanced between the ears. Where, oh where, has Rick Santorum gone?

As far as I am concerned it is not her impression of America but her unprofessionalism when it comes to lie about it. What was Obama thinking when he married her please?

When you think about it, these Obama smears are pretty weak so far.
He is not a Christian? How can a non-christian have the audacity to run for president in the land of the freedom of religion?
His birth certificate is fake? You guys can do better than that.

Too bad Obama wasn’t in the military and didn’t serve in battle and didn’t get decorations for bravery. Then the Republicans could really go after him.

It’s very telling of your own mindset that you consider Rick Santorum to be balanced, considering that he blamed the Catholic abuse scandals on liberalism, accused Democrats of being Nazis, and claims that the Constitution doesn’t include the right to privacy. But to answer your question, Rick Santorum was defeated by Bob Casey in the 2006 senatorial elections. It was an embarassing 59% to 41% defeat, which was the largest margin of defeat for an incumbent senator since 1980 (since 1918 for an incumbent Pennsylvanian senator).

As far as I am concerned it is not her impression of America but her unprofessionalism when it comes to lie about it. What was Obama thinking when he married her please?[/quote]
“Don’t stop, baby Mama. Don’t stop.”

[quote=“A lying scumbag”]Hello everyone,

As you know I am not a very political person. I just wanted to pass along that Senator Obama came to Bagram Afghanistan for about an hour on his visit to ‘The War Zone’. I wanted to share with you what happened.

He got off the plane and got into a bullet proof vehicle, got to the area to meet with the Major General (2 Star) who is the commander here at Bagram.

As the Soldiers where lined up to shake his hand he blew them off and didn’t say a word as he went into the conference room to meet the General. As he finished, the vehicles took him to the ClamShell (pretty much a big top tent that military personnel can play basketball or work out in with weights) so he could take his publicity pictures playing basketball. He again shunned the opportunity to talk to Soldiers to thank them for their service.

So really he was just here to make a showing for the American’s back home that he is their candidate for President. I think that if you are going to make an effort to come all the way over here you would thank those that are providing the freedom that they are providing for you.

I swear we got more thanks from the NBA Basketball Players or the Dallas Cowboy Cheer leaders than from one of the Senators, who wants to be the President of the United States. I just don’t understand how anyone would want him to be our Commander-and-Chief. It was almost that he was scared to
be around those that provide the freedom for him and our great country.

If this is blunt and to the point I am sorry but I wanted you all to know what kind of caliber of person he really is. What you see in the news is all fake.

CPT Jeffrey S. Porter
Battle Captain
TF Wasatch
American Soldier[/quote]
Of course it’s not true.[quote]NY Daily News: Now the Bagram captain is dialing back, having signed the viral e-mail with his name, rank and unit - a possible violation of military regulations barring political statements. This morning, he sent The Mouth a new statement (punctuation corrected):

“I am writing this to ask that you delete my email and not forward it. After checking my sources, information that was put out in my email was wrong. This email was meant only for my family. Please respect my wishes and delete the email and if there are any blogs you have my email portrayed on I would ask if you would take it down too. Thanks for your understanding.”

An Army officer familiar with the incident told The Mouth today that the writer is “devastated that the letter was made public. It was never his intention that it go beyond members of his family.”[/quote]
He says it was only meant for his family. Who writes to his family and signs it “CPT Jeffrey S. Porter, Battle Captain, TF Wasatch, American Soldier”? He just wanted to smear the Democrat. Maybe he wants a cabinet post. Other people say that it was supposed to be anonymous, but his wife sent it out with his name. I’d like to see him courts martialed. He’s a disgrace.

Of course, you can see many message boards and blogs where it is taken as gospel.