Obama Smear Sampler

All I detect, especially from Screaming Jesus’ post, is 3 pages of white males who are very uncomfortable with the idea that someone other than a white male can be in charge of the U.S.

:bravo:

“All” u detect? Everything?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…Got racism?

After Obama’s wonder tour of Europe, my Dad thinks he may be the Anti-Christ :astonished:
However, my Dad is as mad as a bag of frogs and probably the typical white, conservative Christian that would have voted for Bush, had he been American and not a Brit. Me, I’m white and couldn’t give a … what the colour of the man/woman who runs the US is, just that they do a damn good job for a change :help:

There was some stuff last week about gays in the (US) military, re-examining the don’t-ask-don’t-tell policy. Fox news was tripping all over itself trying to somehow tie it to Obama. Interesting that they waited 15 years to pull this. They’re hoping for a rerun of the first year of the Clinton administration. It seems to have died down but the whole thing was really disgraceful, Fox at its “finest”. I’m all for gays in the military, it works in most civilized countries, but it would really be in everyone’s best interest to just keep it in our pants for another 14 weeks.

[quote=“Toe Save”]“All” u detect? Everything?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…Got racism?[/quote]

Hmmm are you implying that I’m racist because what I am reading on this thread gives such an impression? Interesting. I wonder what you thought about SJ’s song before it got taken off.

[quote]After Obama’s wonder tour of Europe, my Dad thinks he may be the Anti-Christ [/quote] I agree. I think he’s an Anti-Christ, but that’s because of Biblical reasons…

[quote]However, my Dad is as mad as a bag of frogs and probably the typical white, conservative Christian that would have voted for Bush, had he been American and not a Brit. Me, I’m white and couldn’t give a … what the colour of the man/woman who runs the US is, just that they do a damn good job for a change [/quote] True, but reality is, not many are comfortable with such change. And I’ve met quite a few males who’ve told me so, in an honest manner.

Where’s that confounded bridge?
Or the Light Brigade, for that matter…

Well, am I the only one who thinks it’s wrong for either candidate to be campaigning over seas? Anyone with any sense knows that it’s all photo ops and deal making–and should a candidate be making deals with foreign governments? I don’t think so. McCain goes around with his wife and a couple guards–so Obama goes around with a small nation of supporters in tow. Both of them make me miserable and exhausted just thinking about them. And I STILL haven’t heard anything of much substance from either of them. “I’m a mature vet with conservative values.” “I’m young and dynamic–you know things aren’t going well for you now, and I’m gonna shake things up–not sure if you’ll still be standing when the dust settles, but at least things will not be the same as they are now.” Whoo-iii!

Policy discussions make poor sound bites. If you really want to know what they’re likely to do, start with their campaign websites, have a look at their records, and see what they’ve said and written in the past. Dig up lengthy interviews by people like Charlie Rose. There’s plenty of information floating around, but you’re not likely to get it in newspapers or news broadcasts.

edit: Here’s what looks to be a pretty even-handed site providing side-by-side comparisons for you, housecat: Obama-McCain Info.

[quote=“Namahottie”]All I detect, especially from Screaming Jesus’ post, is 3 pages of white males who are very uncomfortable with the idea that someone other than a white male can be in charge of the U.S.

:bravo:[/quote]
What complete and utter shite! I don’t see a post from Screaming Jesus and I challenge you to show with quotes where there are “three pages of white males, etc.” What a completely ugly and racist thing to post.
Something of that nastiness should be backed with evidence. Because I just read all three pages and see NOTHING that smacks of racism on the part of posters except for your own post.

[quote=“Namahottie”]All I detect, especially from Screaming Jesus’ post, is 3 pages of white males who are very uncomfortable with the idea that someone other than a white male can be in charge of the U.S.

triptrap triptrap

:raspberry:

What’s IP without pointless racebaiting?

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“Namahottie”]All I detect, especially from Screaming Jesus’ post, is 3 pages of white males who are very uncomfortable with the idea that someone other than a white male can be in charge of the U.S.

What complete and utter shite! I don’t see a post from Screaming Jesus and I challenge you to show with quotes where there are “three pages of white males, etc.” What a completely ugly and racist thing to post.
Something of that nastiness should be backed with evidence. Because I just read all three pages and see NOTHING that smacks of racism on the part of posters except for your own post.[/quote]

I couldn’t have said it better myself. I know lots of white males. Most of the people I know are white and male. Very few, if any, worry about the color of Obama’s skin. Most are supportive of his bid. So where does Namanottie get off painting us all with her racism brush?

The only folks afraid of a black President are the nut job neo cons and right wing extremists cuz they know Obama is gonna cut deeply into their ill-gotten gains. Nothing to do with his skin color, but they use it anyway to monger more fear amongst those Americans with more voting power than sense, those that can’t find Canada on a map, those that cling to the bible for all their reading material, in hopes of getting their new cash cow, Bush III, The Sycophant into the oval office.

If americans elect another Republican government, then they well and truly deserve the hate. Not for anything to do with race, mind you. They will have to replace The Irish and The Belgians and The Newfies as the butt of all “stoopid people” jokes.

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“Namahottie”]All I detect, especially from Screaming Jesus’ post, is 3 pages of white males who are very uncomfortable with the idea that someone other than a white male can be in charge of the U.S.

Something of that nastiness should be backed with evidence. Because I just read all three pages and see NOTHING that smacks of racism on the part of posters except for your own post.[/quote]

You missed Screaming Jesus’ ode to Obama. It was so racist in itself, that it withstood time and three pages until I hit the squeal button. I am certain that it would have stayed in tack if hadn’t. What’s racist about my observation. Perhaps I generalized-but racist I think not. But if you believe that I am being racist, then you and others have my apologies.

You said three pages.

You tarred EVERYONE in the thread with that brush.

[color=blue]Why [/color]did you do that?

You said three pages.

[color=blue]Why [/color]did you do that?[/quote]

[color=darkred]Why[/color] did SJ’s post stand for 3 pages? Not everyone in the thread is a white male. And as I said in my last post, my apologies for generalizing.

good = bad
up = down
truth = smear
right = wrong

Nama…didn’t you read George?

[color=red]Red Faces Over Obama’s Red Mentor[/color]
[i]"In a strange development, supporters of Barack Obama’s childhood mentor, Frank Marshall Davis, are openly debating the nature and depth of Davis’s commitment to the Communist Party and his relationship with the Democratic candidate. The debate has gotten heated.

This unusual debate, which is taking place on Obama’s official website, raises the question once again as to why Obama has not been asked by the major media about this relationship. Davis was identified as a Communist Party member by various investigative committees and acknowledged his party membership in a private letter obtained by John Edgar Tidwell, who was sympathetic to Davis and edited his books.

On one side of this debate is somebody claiming to be the son of Davis. On the other side is Alan Maki, a political activist and union organizer with a long history of involvement in left-wing causes. Indeed, Maki confirms that he has been a member of the Communist Party USA (CPUSA) and was a communist decades ago when he was in the Students for a Democratic Society (SDS)."[/i]

Apple
tree
fall

Still no answer to the 'Questions"…

Probably because this IP area is unmoderated, and there’s only one person, Maoman, handling things like squeals, and he’s very busy. Pages can fill up in minutes, so 3 pages doesn’t really mean anything.

You said three pages.

[color=blue]Why [/color]did you do that?[/quote]

[color=darkred]Why[/color] did SJ’s post stand for 3 pages? Not everyone in the thread is a white male. And as I said in my last post, my apologies for generalizing.[/quote]
I’m nicely tanned thank you.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]good = bad
up = down
truth = smear
right = wrong

Nama…didn’t you read George?

[color=red]Red Faces Over Obama’s Red Mentor[/color]
[i]"In a strange development, supporters of Barack Obama’s childhood mentor, Frank Marshall Davis, are openly debating the nature and depth of Davis’s commitment to the Communist Party and his relationship with the Democratic candidate. The debate has gotten heated.

This unusual debate, which is taking place on Obama’s official website, raises the question once again as to why Obama has not been asked by the major media about this relationship. Davis was identified as a Communist Party member by various investigative committees and acknowledged his party membership in a private letter obtained by John Edgar Tidwell, who was sympathetic to Davis and edited his books.

On one side of this debate is somebody claiming to be the son of Davis. On the other side is Alan Maki, a political activist and union organizer with a long history of involvement in left-wing causes. Indeed, Maki confirms that he has been a member of the Communist Party USA (CPUSA) and was a communist decades ago when he was in the Students for a Democratic Society (SDS)."[/i]

Apple
tree
fall

Still no answer to the 'Questions"…[/quote]

No I didn’t read George. Who is George? Anyway, I’m fed up with Obama. So what if he is a Comunist. Or a Muslim. Or a non-US resident. Please, Please after Nov 5th let there be a media blackout (NO PUN INTENDED) on Obama.

Tater Tot -
George Orwell - 1984

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Tater Tot -
George Orwell - 1984[/quote]

That’s a book. Can I get that on Youtube?