Obama Turning His Back On Obamacare

As some of you might have heard, Obama is talking about taking action to get insurers to reinstate the millions of health insurance policies recently canceled as a result of Obamacare. Does he have the right to do so? After all, Obamacare is now the law of the land. He is completely undermining the purpose of Obamacare by allowing sub-par insurance plans to exist. In addition, some Democrats are also calling for the delay of the individual mandate for one year. What about the poor and needy who are counting on Obamacare to save them? I’d say their actions are no better than the workings of terrorists. Are even the liberals now infected with the callous contempt for law as Sen. Ted Cruz? Why don’t we just blame the sick for being sick

He’s probably just bored with all this healthcare stuff… He’s way too intelligent for this mundane business!

:laughing: :popcorn:

Maybe. The Obamacare legislation was drafted as a “shell” (much like the PRC constitution, it means whatever they want it to mean, given any particular situation or set of circumstances :laughing: ).

That is, Obamacare creates a structure, but the specifics are very often “to be determined”.

The phrase, “The (HHS) Secretary shall/may determine…” appears on nearly every page of the law, often several times per page!

[color=#0000FF]The ACA uses the phrase “… as the Secretary shall determine” a bit less than 3,000 times. It seems that whenever the bill-drafters found a provision to be thorny or difficult to design, they simply punted those decisions to the secretary of health and human services, Kathleen Sebelius[/color].

:popcorn:

I think he is just trying to fix something that has become something of a mess.

Better that it be fixed than die, from his (and my own) POV, as it will help those poor and needy.

Rule of law? Something tells me that’s only going to be a minor speed bump here too.

Not sure what I’m missing here, hasn’t it always been the gaol of the Democrats to create a single payer system? Make private insurance more expense, push for medicare for all. Telling people they can keep their plan for another year, means prices need to go up, all part of the plan man. Expand Medicare, check. Make private insurance more expensive, double check. Last step medicare for all, mission complete.

Exactly.

So Obama is both completely incompetent AND playing the long game and with apparent great skill.

Okedokee

If this gets fucked up enough, as it appears it may, the Dems will not be trusted to take the final step.

So, no on the skill part. :sunglasses:

Well, there could be an incredibly subtle reason why things are transpiring the way they are, but Occam’s Razor and all that: Obama wanted national health care as his great achievement, suffered many travails along the way but persisted, and in a rather exciting (but also depressing) reversal of fortunes, beat off a serious attack on him and his administration, only to shoot himself in the foot. Now he’s in a pickle and trying to fight his way out of the corner.

There’s no conspiracy here, as far as I can see.

[quote=“buzzkill1”]As some of you might have heard, Obama is talking about taking action to get insurers to reinstate the millions of health insurance policies recently canceled as a result of Obamacare. Does he have the right to do so? After all, Obamacare is now the law of the land. He is completely undermining the purpose of Obamacare by allowing sub-par insurance plans to exist. In addition, some Democrats are also calling for the delay of the individual mandate for one year. What about the poor and needy who are counting on Obamacare to save them? I’d say their actions are no better than the workings of terrorists. Are even the liberals now infected with the callous contempt for law as Sen. Ted Cruz? Why don’t we just blame the sick for being sick[/quote]This is great stuff, keep it coming.

Exactly how many poor and needy do you really know?

There’s also this small problem(actually quite large) about state insurance boards and how exactly insurance companies work, which Obama seem to have no idea about.

Me, I’m gettign more popcorn and staying out. :popcorn:

(Republican mode on)
Bluster, bluster, lie, lie, bluster bluster, lie lie, idiocy bluster lie
(Republican mode off)

Just to put things in perspective here, the big fiasco of Obama’s reign could have been worse, much worse. It could have killed or seriously wounded 30,000 Americans, killed hundreds of thousands of non-American men, women and children, wasted a trillion or so borrowed dollars and all but destroyed the nation’s reputation for nothing more than protecting the nation from some bogeyman who never existed.

There seem to be more of them around these days.

[quote=“Chris”](Republican mode on)
(Republican mode off)[/quote]

:loco:

Obama is the liar. This is a fact that is not in dispute.

The focus on one person Obama, as usual is pretty dumb and dull.

Republicans whine and whine about insurance being dropped.
Dems introduce legislation to stop insurance companies from doing just that.
Republicans block it.

And people wonder why I think Republicans are scum.

[quote=“Tigerman”][quote=“Chris”](Republican mode on)
(Republican mode off)[/quote]

:loco:

Obama is the liar. This is a fact that is not in dispute.[/quote]
Saying “You will not lose your insurance” but then having Republicans water down the bill so that people CAN lose their insurance is NOT lying.

Republicans lie as a matter of course. Their entire worldview is built on lies, so they can’t help it. Republican = LIAR. Need proof? Listen to Limbaugh or watch Fox News. Lies, lies, lies.

Democrats must be New York funny because of The Daily Show. :unamused:

[quote=“Chris”]
Republicans lie as a matter of course. Their entire worldview is built on lies, so they can’t help it. Republican = LIAR. Need proof? Listen to Limbaugh or watch Fox News. Lies, lies, lies.[/quote]

Whereas Obama is a model of candor.

And nothing is ever, ever his fault. Because he’s the lightbringer, you see.