Obama Victory

I admit that I was still undecided until today, but finally voted for Obama. His speach tonight left me convinced that I’d made the correct choice. McCain’s speach was great and left me wondering why he didn’t sound like that all along. Anyway, I believe the right man won tonight. Nama’s in Chicago–bet she’s too busy partying to post!

Indeed. I was a bit disappointed in his speech, which was made up mostly of a collage of his older speeches. Nothing new. McCain’s speech, however, was excellent. I’m glad it’s all over. Now I can go back to doing work at work and of course, collect my winnings from all those nay-sayers.

The electoral college thingy is flawed. YEs Obama won the popular vote too, but much narrower was the margin

about 48 out of every 100 Americans voted for McCain and the Bimbo, while about 52 out of every 100 voted for Obama and Joey.

The electoral college thingy was a landslide in Obama’s favor but the popular vote was not a landslide. DEcisive yes, but not a landslide.

I think if McCain had a credible runnning mate it wouldve been a lot closer, he may still have lost though because the cards have predicted an Obama win.

8 lousy years under the Bushman and his GOP warmongers have made America wary of even an inkling of the same in McCain.

Congrats to all the supporters.

I still can’t see ANY difference between the two parties having followed the whole race as closely as I could but in terms of individuals have to take my hat off to McCain, a gentleman at the end.

It remains to be seen what Pres. Obama will do, and I hope it will be more positive than the sentiments in his book. A friend of mine pointed out o me today that he may be a “force for healing” and I think I see what he means.

Good luck one and all

I still can’t believe Americans made such a wise decision all by themselves; they must have had someone helping them. :smiley:

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. should be smiling down on us right now, eh?

wow! I can finally stop feeling ashamed to say that I’m an American. I’ve never believed much in politics, but I can’t help but feel that there may be some hope for us all after all :bravo:

While I am a life-long Republican and will remain that way, this time I did vote for Obama… Not because I agree with his policies, but instead because I think it really is time for a change and I think this win will bring my country back to where it belongs.

Very proud to be American today!!

Careful Fort, from what I’ve seen on the Free-basing Republic website, that shit rots brains, or maybe there was never much to start with.

[quote=“cjc444”]While I am a life-long Republican and will remain that way, this time I did vote for Obama… Not because I agree with his policies, but instead because I think it really is time for a change and I think this win will bring my country back to where it belongs.

Very proud to be American today!![/quote]

And the world really does salute you all!

Cheers, and welcome to the Flob!
HG

Just how long will this giddy girlish new-found pride last, anyway?
Let’s just wait and see what the real score is in about 18 months, when the real hard foreign policy decisions are going to have to be carried out.
Plus ca change,…plus, c’est la meme chose…

I hope this is the beginning of the end of the God Squad telling us how to run our lives!

Interesting thought. Obama is supposed to be some kind of Christian, isn’t he? He’s even baptized apparently. Doesn’t that make him part of the God Squad? I noticed that McCain’s defeat speech ended with ‘God bless America’. Is Obama allowed to say that as a liberal, and as a Democrat?

Why can’t liberals be Christians? I see no contradiction.

You know, another nice and very incidental bonus about Obama’s victory is the First Family. The White House is going to be lived in by a very young First Family, and each one of them is more photogenic than the next! It’s Camelot for our generation. I like it. :rainbow:

Eh? His old lady looks like bloody Oprah, for chrissakes!

Clearly they can, since Obama is. But that doesn’t answer my question.

Mmm, I thought this was the kind of ‘1950s romanticized sentimentalism’ to which modern liberals object. It’s not supposed to be good that Obama is married and as a family is it? I thought it’s better if he’s divorced and has a few bastards.

Sandman, I think that counts for a lot among liberals.

What, because she’s black? I think Michelle Obama is a beautiful woman. :lovestruck:

Mmm, I thought this was the kind of ‘1950s romanticized sentimentalism’ to which modern liberals object. It’s not supposed to be good that Obama is married and has a family is it? [/quote]
Oh, then you’re out of the loop when it comes to “modern liberals”. I’m a modern liberal and I think it’s great! :thumbsup:

What, because she’s black? I think Michelle Obama is a beautiful woman. :lovestruck:
[/quote]
Of course she’s black. I said she looks like bloody Oprah because she looks like bloody Oprah. I’ll have you know that some of my friends are black and they don’t look anything like Oprah. Mike Tyson, for example.

In other news: Maoman thinks Oprah is a beautiful woman! :noway:

This is easily the most photogenic first family in 45 years.

Michelle Obama is a fine looking woman. The kids are as cute as they come.

Oprah has one stunning “photo” of herself on the cover of TV guide. They took a pic of Ann Margaret’s body in her prime and transplanted Oprah’s head on it.

I don’t know if they fooled anybody.

Clearly they can, since Obama is. But that doesn’t answer my question.[/quote]
Read Obama’s speech to Sojourners, from about a couple of years ago. That’ll answer your questions nicely.

Interesting thought. Obama is supposed to be some kind of Christian, isn’t he? He’s even baptized apparently. Doesn’t that make him part of the God Squad? I noticed that McCain’s defeat speech ended with ‘God bless America’. Is Obama allowed to say that as a liberal, and as a Democrat?[/quote]

I always thought God Squad referred to those who go around telling others how they should live, calling them sinners and saying they’re going to burn for eternity. I don’t think it refers to normal Christians, does it?