Obama Victory

Where did he get his millions? We contributed $200. We’ve never given to political campaigns before, but getting rid of the red plague was JUST TOO IMPORTANT this time.

You mean like Canada electing a Quebecois? Or a woman? Be there, done that.

Hell, even Taiwan elected a foreign born waishengren? :laughing:

When did Canada elect a woman? :s

Former Prime Minister Kim Campbell was appointed Prime Minister in 93 by the Governor General after becoming leader of the Conservative Party, but lost the election a few months later.

Former Prime Minister Kim Campbell was appointed Prime Minister in 93 by the Governor General after becoming leader of the Conservative Party, but lost the election a few months later.[/quote]

Yah, yah, I knew some blowhard would come out of the woodwork to say that. :raspberry:

The Onion’s got you:

You mean like conservative Republican John McCain, who cheated on his first wife with everything in skirts after she had a crippling accident and was no longer a beauty queen, and then dumped her for one of the women he’d been cheating on her with?

Or conservative Republican Newt Gingrich, who served his first wife with divorce papers on her hospital bed (cancer) while he was banging another woman, whom he also ended up dumping because he was banging his office assistant while denouncing Bill Clinton for Monica?

Or conservative Republican Rudi Giuliani, who suddenly found out his first wife was his second cousin when he wanted to dump her for someone else he was screwing at the time, and then had multiple mistresses on the taxpayer’s dime, before publicly humiliating his 2nd wife and his children by trying to throw therm out of the governor’s office so he could install his girlfriend? (and them wiped them from his campaign bio?)

Or conservative Republican Dave Vitter who’s been a serial whore-hopper for twenty years, but weeps crocodile tears and as a good right-wing Christian is forgiven whenever he expresses remorse for getting caught?

Oh sorry, I forgot- they’ve all been forgiven by James Dobson, so that means they’re good devout Christians who just slipped into error now and then.

Former Prime Minister Kim Campbell was appointed Prime Minister in 93 by the Governor General after becoming leader of the Conservative Party, but lost the election a few months later.[/quote]

She chose to spend time with her “Russian boyfriend” instead of campaigning.

[quote=“MikeN”]The Onion’s got you:

[quote]WASHINGTON—African-American man Barack Obama, 47, was given the least-desirable job in the entire country Tuesday when he was elected president of the United States of America. In his new high-stress, low-reward position, Obama will be charged with such tasks as completely overhauling the nation’s broken-down economy, repairing the crumbling infrastructure, and generally having to please more than 300 million Americans and cater to their every whim on a daily basis. As part of his duties, the black man will have to spend four to eight years cleaning up the messes other people left behind. The job comes with such intense scrutiny and so certain a guarantee of failure that only one other person even bothered applying for it. Said scholar and activist Mark L. Denton, “It just goes to show you that, in this country, a black man still can’t catch a break.”[/quote][/quote] I know the Onion is a joke, but there is a lot of truth in it.

There is worry niggling in the back of my head that Obama has been set up.
Set up to take the fall for the sh*t that is about to hit the fan. The States is indeed in a sorry state. I hope I am wrong, but part of my joy at the election results is tinged with fear. Will Obama get blamed for events spewing from wheels already set in motion that he will have little power to stop? Yes, the people chose him, but did the powers that be chose him to take the fall. (What better person to take the fall than a person of color who is a Democrat? :frowning: ) Maybe. I am not much of a conspiracy theorist.
What a job this man has. I am sure he is up to it; he is a brilliant man. But I am less sure how much underserved blame will be heaped upon him for the legacy he has inherited.

That’s Bush’s excuse. He was set up by Clinton.

[quote=“MikeN”][quote=“Fortigurn”]

Mmm, I thought this was the kind of ‘1950s romanticized sentimentalism’ to which modern liberals object. It’s not supposed to be good that Obama is married and as a family is it? I thought it’s better if he’s divorced and has a few bastards.[/quote]

You mean like conservative Republican John McCain, who cheated on his first wife with everything in skirts after she had a crippling accident and was no longer a beauty queen, and then dumped her for one of the women he’d been cheating on her with?

Or conservative Republican Newt Gingrich, who served his first wife with divorce papers on her hospital bed (cancer) while he was banging another woman, whom he also ended up dumping because he was banging his office assistant while denouncing Bill Clinton for Monica?

Or conservative Republican Rudi Giuliani, who suddenly found out his first wife was his second cousin when he wanted to dump her for someone else he was screwing at the time, and then had multiple mistresses on the taxpayer’s dime, before publicly humiliating his 2nd wife and his children by trying to throw therm out of the governor’s office so he could install his girlfriend? (and them wiped them from his campaign bio?)

Or conservative Republican Dave Vitter who’s been a serial whore-hopper for twenty years, but weeps crocodile tears and as a good right-wing Christian is forgiven whenever he expresses remorse for getting caught?[/quote]

Yes, exactly like that. I thought that kind of behaviour these days is supposed to be just par for the course? Everyday normal people do it all the time, and they don’t get dragged through the newspapers. None of that stuff is illegal these days, is it, with the possible exception of the whores, depending on which state you’re in. And since when was going to a prostitute considered socially unacceptable?

You can think what you want, but I think they’re disgusting. I don’t care what political stripe they are. But I’m not very post-modern and I’m very old fashioned, so I still believe in morality.

How come you left out all those toe-tapping in the toilet Repubs like Larry Craig?

HG

Only heterosexuals can commit sexual misdeeds.