Obi-Wan Kenobi (series) - Minor Spoilers?

Typically they release at midnight CA time, so 3pm for us in the summer, 4pm in the winter.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure if it drops simultaneously for Disney. Last week there were quite a few hours between when I watched the first two episodes and when reactions started showing up in my Twitter feed; I had the impression we got it first.

We got it at 3pm. At least thatā€™s when my Disney App told me it was available.

Edit: reactions might be delayed as not many people want to be up at 3am watching movies and running to twitter.

1 Like

Um, seems like sheā€™s not supposed to be behaving like a disciplined soldier, but is supposed to be risk taking, rule breaking, and ambitious. Regarding being a ā€œthugā€, sheā€™s from the ā€˜gutter.ā€™ as for like ā€œfrom Comptonā€ā€¦ :roll:

That said, all the inquisitors kind of suck on the show. Theyā€™re supposed to be all bad ass Jedi hunters andā€¦ WTF are they actually doing that shows their bad ass nature? Theyā€™re supposed to be strong in the force and they canā€™t tell obi wan is right there and Owen is lying to their faces?! And the grand inquisitor is quibbling about a little kidnapping? Cā€™mon now. :man_shrugging:

Edit: so Iā€™ve been thinking about the reva and inquisitor scenesā€¦ Theyā€™re anticlimactic, maybe because we know thereā€™s no climaxā€¦ ok, sheā€™s threatening Owen. Yea, we know you ainā€™t doing shit because heā€™s fine to start ep 4. Same with this whole hunting obiwan story line. 7m, yea, he gonna be fine. Not that it couldnā€™t be better, just that itā€™s that much harder to be compelling given what we know and they have to stick to.

1 Like

Ep 3 is live now. The kids and I are leaving to get on a plane in an hour, so this is perfect timing.

1 Like

Ok, E3 was a thoroughly enjoyable 40 minutes of TV. The geography (wait whoā€™s where now?) and some of the implausible escapes are a bit questionable, but that was fun.

Yup. Same problem with the prequels and everything else that depends on established characters.

And I would assume reports of Obi Wan on Tatooine would make him being there for the next 10+ years looking after Luke seem nonsense. Vadar really wouldnā€™t send people there?

Mild spoilers for the first two episodes:

They were careful with that. As far as the Inquisitors can tell, Obi-Wan appeared from hiding for the first time on the Blade Runner planet - theyā€™ve got no reason to connect him to Tatooine. They were there looking for the other Jedi (who they found), not him.

1 Like

Finally, some plot movement in Ep3.

I donā€™t see a proper lightsaber battle ever happening in this series. Ready to be proved wrong as Iā€™m getting the feeling ObiWan is just hustling everyone.

1 Like

Remember that in New Hope, Vader says something about how last time they fought, Vader was the student and Obi-Wan the master. So I doubt weā€™re going to see a real fight between those two, which Iā€™m fine with. (Prediction: when Qui-gon / Liam Neeson finally appears, itā€™ll be to tell Obi-Wan that itā€™s not his role to redeem-defeat-whatever Vader.)

But I think weā€™ll see Obi-Wan use a lightsaber again properly before this is done.

Sort of a casting spoiler for Episode 3:

I was pleasantly surprised to hear James Earl Jones back. But Iā€™m really curious about whatā€™s going on with the tech for this - a lot of it is being done by software; Iā€™ve seen some claims that itā€™s actually Christensen speaking, but the software is turning it into James Earl Jones. Whatever tech theyā€™re doing to bring back Jonesā€™s voice in his prime, it sounds fantastic to my (rather crap) ears.

Who Is Voicing Darth Vader In Obi-Wan Kenobi? It's Complicated

1 Like

If Liam Neeson doesnā€™t show up, that will be the most epic fail at this point in the series.

In other news, at least one constant throughout every Star Wars movie and series, Stormtrooper aim has not gotten any better.

1 Like

Oh, theyā€™re totally setting up a Liam Neeson reappearance.

Theyā€™ve taken things in a surprising direction: Jedi aim has also become terrible! (Oh that E2 rooftop fight ā€¦)

Was waiting for a referenceā€¦

1 Like

One of the best parts in the Mandalorian was the two storm troopers on speeders killing some time trying to plink a target.

1 Like

I cant find it anywhere on Disney+

Where is it?

For me it is the headline show of the entire site, and the headline show for the Star Wars tab of the site.

Edit: Plus, in the Star Wars tab, the first row of shows is the ā€œObi-Wan Kenobi Collectionā€ and the first show in that row is Obi-Wan Kenobi.

1 Like

Fixed it.
Didnt realize my account was set to PG titles only. Now im wondering how much content Ive been missing all these months.

2 Likes

Iā€™m surprised the show is PG-13. Ep 3 gets a little scary for small kids, but I donā€™t remember anything so far to really warrant that rating.

1 Like

Random amputations in those first two episodes, maybe? The Inquisitors arenā€™t exactly gentle with those crowds.

1 Like