oBike (ceased operation)

Bad setting, you should be able to get through every green light at the proper speed.

There are a lot of mini scooter sharing startups in US and Europe. Many of them will go belly up because of Covid-19.

“As recently as January, Lime had about $50 million of cash. But with a monthly burn rate of about $22.5 million, and factoring in revenue generation for the year to date, the person estimated Lime had about 12 weeks left before running out of money.”

Well, another round of money begging will have them continue.

1 Like

Its slated as the next Uniburn coming out of Silicon valley.

A couple of times I saw a Taiwanese guy riding like mad on the sidewalk, close to 30-40 km/h

I just don’t get what motivates some people to do such things.
What’s one thinking when throwing a scooter in the river?

Some people really hate those things. Customers leave them wherever they want. Too many of them laying around.

So they destroy them, throw them into roads to get more people to hate those companies, etc…

Are they even letting no kiosk bike companies operating in Taiwan again?

Is that Taiwan? I’ve not even seen one of those since the company started service. I’m more worried about legally purchased electric “bicycles” that fly around with a kid on the front and in the back dodging around senseless kids on the sidewalk and in parks. There are sort-of laws to regulate them, but it hasn’t helped.

:rofl: In Taiwan?

Saw this today:

Are people still riding them around?

1 Like

Somebody nicked that one. The locking mechanism is gone.

I wouldn’t ride it without any locking mechanism… I think cops are trained to look for ones without them.

1 Like

Why not? :shushing_face: :eek::grimacing:

1 Like

Those bikes sucked when they were new. I can’t imagine how lousy a ride they would be now.

Guy

The bike has no change gears, and the gear it has is crap. You will probably have insanely strong leg muscles if you commute with it though.

People would just try and ride their scooters on these.

I never tried oBike. How’s it compare to Ubike?

Ubike is like bench pressing 10lbs (ridiculously easy) and obike is like deadlifting 500lbs.

It’s completely shit.

There are also a 2500nt deposit you have to pay to even use the service, and a lot of people did not get it back. Which probably prompted some to cut the lock off of one, and perhaps this is why the police are on the lookout for them…

3 Likes