Objectivity and bias in media

More like dementia whisperer.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Thanks for bringing that up, had to check it out:

Daily Wire articles with headlines such as "BOOK REVIEW: Proof That Wokeness Is Projection By Nervous, Racist White Women Who Can’t Talk To Minorities Without Elaborate Codes" regularly garner tens of thousands of shares for the site, and Shapiro is turning that Facebook reach into a rapidly expanding, cost-efficient media empire — one that experts worry may be furthering polarization in the United States.

Seems pretty straightforward, Ben is good at the grift game, I’ll give him that. I prefer serious people myself, he’s kind of a thumb.

“Outrage as a business model” pretty much explains the business model of all the major media organs…you know, the ones that have given you your “opinions.”

4 Likes

We were over that article a bit in the censorship thread!

1 Like

Agreed, and Ben Thumb over there is one of the worst offenders, in my independently-formed opinion.

No, I’m afraid I “don’t”. :sweat_smile:

fun fact about parrots: they don’t actually understand what they’re saying, they’re just repeating what they’re heard

2 Likes

That probably explains why it’s a crap opinion. Ben’s an expert at outrage, but he also likes to deal in facts…something that your favored media organs seem to have little interest in.

Oh dear, lost your sense of humor.

Well, you can like Ben Thumb all you like, I won’t “try” to disparage your opinion.

I think he likes to pepper in some seasoning to his poop stew.

“If that’s the standard, well then the WHOLE MAINSTREAM MEDIA is guilty of this in almost every post they write.”

:100:

1 Like

No, I can still see the humor in your crap opinion. And I’m not a Ben Shapiro fan. In fact, he’s pretty annoying.

You chose to add bold to a particular part of that, may I ask why?

Because it sounds incredibly stupid, aka not the work of a serious mind.

What’s next, I’m a doodoohead?

What are my favored ‘media organs’ again? Whatever you do, don’t ask Mick for help on following up with things about me you claim to know. :sweat_smile:

The ones that taught you to trust the intelligence agencies. I mean, that’s some next level brainwashing right there. :grin:

Not seeing much content here. Another swing and a miss.

You must have missed the review of Robin DiAngelo’s new book by Matt Taibbi

Nice Racism, the booklike product just released by the “Vanilla Ice of Antiracism,” Robin DiAngelo, begins with an anecdote from the author’s past. She’s in college, gone out to a dinner party with her partner, where she discovers the other couple is, gasp , black. “I was excited and felt an immediate need to let them know I was not racist,” she explains, adding: “I proceeded to spend the evening telling them how racist my family was. I shared every racist joke, story, and comment I could remember my family ever making…”

Predictably, her behavior makes the couple uncomfortable, but, “I obliviously plowed ahead, ignoring their signals. I was having a great time regaling them with these anecdotes—the proverbial life of the party!” She goes on:

My progressive credentials were impeccable: I was a minority myself—a woman in a committed relationship with another woman…I knew how to talk about patriarchy and heterosexism. I was a cool white progressive, not an ignorant racist. Of course, what I was actually demonstrating was how completely oblivious I was.

That is the most hilarious, while at the same time being so idiotic to the point even a five year old knows not to do this even a little, but DiAngelo did this as an adult?

The explanation of white liberal elites who can’t relate is not at all far fetched. What was she thinking!

3 Likes

I don’t read every book review so I certainly did miss it!

But back to Shapiro, I’m glad Milker isn’t a fan at least. Progress.

Did you read the article, or are you assuming it is stupid because you don’t like the title?

This is the bad toupee all over again.

1 Like

Of course you aren’t. So why not follow up with a bad sports analogy. Now back to watching your scheduled “programming” from the networks that unironically hire CIA employees as talking heads.

You never did grasp the joke, the part where you follow me around for weeks saying toupee is hilarious though.

I’m sure you guys can go in circles for hours talking up the seriousness of Thumb Shapiro’s very serious/totally not grifty concerns about society, have at it.

That’s your fault though. Maybe you would like Ben Shapiro afterall, give him a shot. :sweat_smile: