Objectivity and bias in media

When Ryan Grim gets it right he gets it right :wink:

2 Likes

Try to wrap your head around this article:

1 Like

“But rather than being a signal that we are at a watershed moment in British politics, this whole episode is the perfect example that diversity is often the enemy of anti-racism.”

He is right about this. Anti-racism is just racism rebranded, so non-racism is indeed harmful to anti-racism.

2 Likes

Oddschecker has Liz Truss way out in the lead, it’s not even close, so given she is likely at this point surrounded by people who monitor every sentence she makes, is a safe bet Liz Truss will be the next prime minister.

Having said that and talking to some family in the UK who they would prefer, the answer I got was “glad I don’t have to cast a vote”,

Strange headline. “Britain is closer than ever to a non-White prime minister. Don’t.”

Reliable Sources was as reliable as the DPRK is democratic :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Well, very reliable and consistent in its political bias.

What don’t you get?

Mr Fake News Brian Stelter has been fired from the Comedy News Network.
Funny. Did not realise he was 36. Thought he was ten years older.

2 Likes

That is the biggest piece of fake news I have ever heard. Googling because I can’t believe it.

2 Likes

I did the same. Couldn’t believe it and yet…

2 Likes

https://www.dailywire.com/news/cnn-blasted-for-claiming-americans-got-100-a-month-raise-over-slightly-lower-gas-prices-orwellian

It doesn’t surprise me at all. Young, opinionated and gifted a platform with mindless millions looking for confirmation bias? Check!

So, the police officer killed him simply because he was black? That’s the media’s takeaway here? Also, is it now proper to capitalize Black, White, etc?

Black yes, white no.

1 Like

Serious question. Why? I mean, I can see Asian as capitalized, but Black and not white?

Is there a grammatical reason or is it all political crap? I’m going to hit Google up.

Think of it as reparations-lite. Basically virtue signaling with zero cash outlay.

3 Likes

You’re out of the loop.

I think the idea is that “white” isn’t a race in a social sense, it’s, like, a default, or something. Obviously there are dozens of problems with that thinking, but I can sort of see where they’re coming from.

I’ve just realised that I capitalize “Asian” but neither “white” nor “black”. I’d rather not think too much about what that means.

It means you’re a normal, sane person. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Sure, let’s go with that!