Objectivity and bias in media

Durham concludes they should never have opened a full blown investigation of Trump nor should they have sought FISA warrants.

Thanks captain obvious for pointing out what everyone with 2 brain cells figured out 6 years ago.

The USA will have a hard time getting any country around the world to take them seriously if they ever try to dish out lectures on what a Democracy should look like, the seperation of politics and law enforcement and going after political opponents.

Alternatively, it means business is open and those in the know know who to plug them into the matrix.

It is what it is, despite Durham not recommending more charges, I think over time and with all the facts being pretty clear people will eventually start calling this politically motivated get Trump effort for what it as, especially as it carried over into his Presidency, sedition/treason by all those involved.

But yeah, other countries around the world will have watched this debacle and said to themselves “that’s not how Democracy is supposed to work, I don’t think we will be taking any more lectures from you lot anymore”.

That’s one perspective. Another is “Oh, this is what you mean by ‘democracy.’”

That’s what the Chinese said when they unloaded on the Biden administration “you have your democracy and we have our democracy”. i.e. you calling your system a democracy is just as much of a joke as us calling our system a democracy, get lost and no more lectures thank you very much.

Meh, the more shit China talks, the more they cozy up to the west. Now, they’re peace making in the middle east and Ukraine? Ha. Pick up the tab in the way out why don’t ya?

This is my favorite:

Durham prosecuted Danchenko on charges of lying to the FBI, but a jury acquitted him. Another jury absolved Michael Sussmann, a lawyer whom Durham also charged with lying.

ummmmmm

1 Like

https://www.salon.com/2023/05/17/duped-by-durham-media-fall-for-the-spin-on-report-about-probe/

Every nonsensical charge made by Donald Trump is deemed by his supporters to automatically be true and every charge against him is a hoax or a witch hunt. In this case, Trump and his media enablers have been touting this investigation for years as “The Big One” that finally proves that “Russia, Russia, Russia” was a witch hunt, set up by Hillary Clinton and the Democrats.

Uhm, it was.

The report fails on every count to prove that case.

It does?

All Durham concluded was that the FBI should not have opened a full investigation but rather a preliminary investigation based on what it knew at the time. He says that when they got a tip from an Australian diplomat who had a conversation with a Trump campaign official saying the Russians were working to get Trump elected in the days right after the hacking of the Democratic National Committee computers, they used the wrong process to start their investigation. That’s it. The rest is all smoke and mirrors.

No, THIS part is all smoke and mirrors.

They indicted 26 Russian nationals and 3 Russian organizations, including 12 intelligence agents, for hacking the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, the Democratic National Committee, and Hillary Clinton’s campaign.

Where is the extensive investigation of that? Where are the servers? Ooooooh, riiight. Crowdstrike. It’s funny that people who knew what they were reading when they read it even way back when knew this was biased in the very very least, and not conspiratorial, but criminally negligent.

And lest we forget, special counsel Robert Mueller’s report also found that Trump obstructed the investigation over and over again, obviously leading to even more suspicion that he must be trying to hide something. What innocent person acts the way Trump acted?

Trump pushed back against a biased set up?

How dare he?

If they had quietly investigated their concerns without doing things like lying to obtain FISA warrants (nothing to see here, move along) there really wouldn’t have been much of an issue. If you’re not braindead you should be able to see that that was never the intent. Instead we got a non stop media and political jackal feeding session for years.

1 Like

And that is all on the DNC and Clinton cabal.

To an extent. Politics is a dirty game played by both sides. I’m more concerned about WTF the security agencies are doing. And politicians who now are saying “oh it’s nothing you silly conspiracy theorist” definitely. Hypocrites who try to tell you how much the other side hates democracy are beyond the pale. I’ll want to play this conversation out before talking about other issues personally. Issue #1

2 Likes

I think it’s not so much a swamp but the froth on top that’s the issue.

1 Like

We got swamp and plenty of pond scum for sure

IMG_3401

“Disinformation Correspondent” :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Vanity Fair has really lost the plot…

4 Likes

Thanks guys, just what we needed.

Jesus.

Your post has been flagged by BBC Verify. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Dont like Desantis. Musk has turned into a hypocritical tool. And now vanity fair has somehow sunk lower than even advertising their brand as vanity. What a shocker!

When did the US start using twitter, fucking twitter(!), as a government portal?