Objectivity and bias in media

I like to stand in the middle

2 Likes

Interesting thread on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/AGAndrewBailey/status/1664286859344719872

Some of the highlights.

The federal government had a hard time convincing a judge last week that it hasn’t been working with and coercing social media companies to censor free speech.

Some notable moments from the first hearing in our First Amendment case, Missouri v. Biden:

The Court asked the feds if all the emails between them and social media companies were real because “it seems like there’s a lot here.” The feds were forced to admit the tens of thousands of pages of evidence are genuine.

The judge also asked Biden’s lawyers if the First Amendment covered Americans’ right to say that Biden is responsible for high gas prices and inflation.

Their answer?

It depends.

The judge also pointed out that it seemed to be only conservatives who are targeted for their speech, asking the feds if they could provide one example of a liberal who was censored due to “misinformation.”

The feds provided only one example of a liberal being censored, and that person is a political opponent of Joe Biden.

Democracy doesn’t survive this level of institutional abuse.

3 Likes

Another one bites the dust…

1 Like

Fake news?

I sure hope not… :slightly_smiling_face:

I think it is. As sad as that is :slight_smile:

Uhhhh

2 Likes

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2023/06/12/mccarthy_blasts_cnn_reporter_after_trump_question_your_network_hired_andrew_mccabe_and_james_clapper.html

CNN REPORTER: This is a different case, this is a different set of circumstances, right? I mean the former president is accused of misleading law enforcement, a conspiracy of obstructing justice, that’s a different set of facts. Are you prepared to defend him as the former president, and what other actions will the House take? Like the House Judiciary Committee, in terms of funding.

SPEAKER KEVIN MCCARTHY: Are you prepared to defend your network, CNN… You can’t put words in my mouth, even though your network can hire Andrew McCabe, who was fired from the FBI for leaking classified documents. Did you remove him from your network? No, you continued to put him on to give judgment against President Trump. You also hired Clapper. Clapper has cone out publicly–

CNN REPORTER: What steps is the House going to take? In term of, is there any effort to defund the FBI? Any effort to defund the Department oof Justice after what you’ve seen over the past few days?

MCCARTHY: So, you’re network hires Clapper, who literally lied to the American public , one of 51 other individuals who had briefings and used it politically to tell the American public that a laptop was Russia collusion, even though it had all this information about the Biden administration, are you prepared to get rid of those people from your network?

My concern as a policymaker is when you weaponize government, and now you’re weaponizing networks, that is wrong. We will take all our power to make sure that the legal system in America gets the blinders back on, and people are treated fairly. I have a real problem that your network actually pays people who give classified information and then lie to the American public to try to influence a presidential election, and then you put them on your network to give an opinion about a president… what your network has done has weaponized the same time.

4 Likes

1 Like

Breaking news. It’s hot in Texas in late June!

Hot in Texas summer? Stand in line at Salt Lick BBQ for 2 hours for a brisket sandwich. Sorry, going to McDonald’s . AC.

Hualien, right? I have a tshirt from there.

Hualien. Last thought on my mind, but your mention brings back many memories. Teacher hotel, biking Hualien to Taitung during Chinese new year, camping on a concrete slab along the way. Best friend’s dad dying in a house fire trying to save some heirlooms.

Hualien. Bittersweet.

It was a fun ride though.

1 Like

Looks like MSM has to ask these questions now

Man, they went to war against the other guy for so much way less. The federal government against the banking shenanigans Biden has built up in Delaware for decades. This is Capone level shit.

3 Likes

It’s Free Hunter Biden Day in the US, but this article goes here.

Anything to please Trump and disparage the successful Democratic president

Unhampered by the lack of evidence of presidential malfeasance

the president’s undoubtedly troubled and troubling son

That Hunter did engage in influence peddling for personal profit is a fair claim. Did he suggest that his father, the veep, was willing to go to bat for foreign companies or governments? Not proven but not hard to believe.
Uh, what? :noway:

laims that Joe Biden “received millions of dollars” from foreign sources appears to be made up out of whole cloth
:doh:

McCarthy and company have no intention of taking that advice. They are, after all, playing to the Trump-controlled base of a Republican party that has gone off the rails – with the dedicated help of the rightwing media and the incessant normalization of the mainstream press.

Wut? :idunno:

Meanwhile, things are – from the perspective of their boss – going a little too well for incumbent Biden.

:rofl:

1 Like

Kind of amazing, but that’s pretty much what it sounds like in the Democratic Party echo chambers right now,

If you don’t see a tree fall in the woods, Jeffery Epstein didn’t kill himself.

And to be baanced. This is hilarious, but biased as well.

President Joe Biden’s reelection prospects received a much-needed boost this week when the FDA fast-tracked a new Alzheimer’s treatment that could “modestly slow the pace of cognitive decline.”